Author Topic: Rob Scott interview  (Read 11378 times)

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Rob Scott interview
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 11:51:55 AM »

We supporters always say we have a right to our opinion so why shouldn't the managers express theirs too? Some of you think they play the wrong players in the wrong positions but just think - many clubs, not matter what division they are in, would love to be able to say that in their last five (league) matches they've only lost once. Lincoln anyone?

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 12:04:40 PM »
Scott is an arrogant prick, but we have to accept that but he needs to realise who pays his wages

Harsh! There both doing a great job, I really don't see why anyone is complaining.
yes,harsh to say the least but it aint the first time that rob has had a go at "the fans".if he is really that upset by the moaning that he needs to KEEP commenting, he needs to make sure he is addressing the right group of fans because to make a general comment like he keeps doing (THE FANS) is well out of order.i for one am not happy with it and i think he needs to sort the comments out.moan over
"till saturday comes"

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 12:42:38 PM »
But the only thing that fans do in the main stand is moan, the townend actually support the team.. doesn't take a genius
That statement is bang out of order. To tar everyone with the same brush is shortsighted to say the least. There's plenty of positivity where I sit in the main stand (including me), there is a few moaners too mainly towards the back. But there's been plenty said on here about moaners from the townend when this has been discussed before. There's no wonder people on here slate the townend, I've largely defended you guys in the past but don't think I'll bother any more. Not sure you're the genius you think you are...

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »
But the only thing that fans do in the main stand is moan, the townend actually support the team.. doesn't take a genius
Every stand supports the team and every stand has moaners and every ground will have some,

Robs intitalled to his opinion if there are a certain few sat behind him every game giving him stick

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »
Every stand supports the team and every stand has moaners and every ground will have some,

Robs intitalled to his opinion if there are a certain few sat behind him every game giving him stick

Yes i agree and i'm not saying everyone in the main stand moans but for Rob to be making these comments so often some need to change there ways. Atleast when people moan in the townend Rob can't hear them ;)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »
Yes i agree and i'm not saying everyone in the main stand moans
That's exactly what you said...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »
We all know we have our fair share of moaners at York Street,always have had.I find it incredible that so-called fans could abuse a player whilst receiving treatment,particularly a player as commited as Canners.I don,t know what RS said during interview,but i support the sentiment.However,that does not mean i support his view of going public every time he has a spat with the "fans".If Scotty is to make a career as a manager he will need to learn to bite his tongue sometimes.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
 We have central defence problems?
   When U look back to our teams of the past and any other teams , a good base was a resillient back2 , who didn't get injured !
 I can't think of any of our  centre backs who havent been injured for a few weeks .This can take the confidence and understanding out of this line .
 We need centre backs who dont get injured . . even in the old days with harder ball etc  , you had centre backs who were 'ever presents ' for season after season  . .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 06:52:10 PM »
I heard Robs interview on my way home and lets face it, it was far from a rant at fans. When he said he was upset at some fans having a go at Canners for making poor clearences in the final minutes of the game I felt he was making the point that they should have realised he was injured. I have to say that I found it sickening that anyone could have a go at one of our top players who has played the last few games with injury. I also felt the ball seemed attracted to him in that period and in all honesty felt he dealt with it like the true pro he is. 

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 12:07:35 PM »
Was it the Doctor,son and mate moaning again?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »
United fell behind as substitutes Sleath and Shane Clarke were readying for action — but Scott admitted the Pilgrims could not get their replacements on due to Guiseley’s succession of corners.

“Some of the fans just think we can send subs on and not worry about taking anybody off,” quipped Scott. “We were trying to get Danny and Shane on, but Guiseley had a succession of corners, so we could not get them on.

“We felt Guiseley were getting a foothold in the game and wanted to change things around, but could not get them on soon enough unfortunately. (The goal) had no difference with the subs not being on because it was from a corner and not open play.

Taken from the official stite. From where I was stood the moaning about the subs not coming on was aimed at the ref, as to me it seems logical to allow a team to make change at any dead ball situation???

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 01:45:19 PM »
United fell behind as substitutes Sleath and Shane Clarke were readying for action — but Scott admitted the Pilgrims could not get their replacements on due to Guiseley’s succession of corners.

“Some of the fans just think we can send subs on and not worry about taking anybody off,” quipped Scott. “We were trying to get Danny and Shane on, but Guiseley had a succession of corners, so we could not get them on.

“We felt Guiseley were getting a foothold in the game and wanted to change things around, but could not get them on soon enough unfortunately. (The goal) had no difference with the subs not being on because it was from a corner and not open play.

Taken from the official stite. From where I was stood the moaning about the subs not coming on was aimed at the ref, as to me it seems logical to allow a team to make change at any dead ball situation???

I sort of disagree a little, the team on the pitch at the time conceaded the corner and there for the team should be left to defend the corner.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »

There is an unwritten rule to never make a substitution when you are defending a set piece.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 05:30:35 PM »
If these moaners are abusive, perhaps a word in their ear by a steward.We all can get carried away with a rant but continual abuse isnt acceptable.

I stand on Spayne lane and told a so called supporter who moaned at each player and at every game and shouted not stop abuse in no uncertain terms to f@@Kin give it a rest and was warmly applauded, a very touching moment.

But seriously, it shouldnt be tolerated on a constant basis.If our management want to speak up to them,good for them.

You wouldnt take it in the street.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 05:44:10 PM »
Part and parcel of the game unfortunatly along with the likes of greedy agents at the top end of the game.