Author Topic: BUFC v Guiseley  (Read 14342 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
BUFC v Guiseley
« on: January 22, 2011, 05:28:03 PM »
A few on here get slammed for there lack of comments when the results are good so let me be there first to praise, The teams performence today i thought was 1000% better than of late. Church got MOM o would have gone for pearson myself. Guiseley looked every part of the team the place in the table. Game of few chance played at some wicked pace all match.

Credit to those from guiseley who came  there a credit to there club, My only thought on the following is for a team that have just come up and are flying again and lets be honest play some fantastic footy there support in numbers is really really poor.

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: BUFC v Guiseley
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »
maybe they get bored watching their players fall over week in week out?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 05:41:52 PM »
I really dont know why people continue to moan about this. Every team does it, Its part and parcel of football in the modern day. U will get some and you will not but you wont know untill you fall to try.  We got a free kick on 32 min when semple dived despite the fact there was daylight between there legs throu the whole challange

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 05:43:32 PM »
I really dont know why people continue to moan about this. Every team does it, Its part and parcel of football in the modern day. U will get some and you will not but you wont know untill you fall to try.  We got a free kick on 32 min when semple dived despite the fact there was daylight between there legs throu the whole challange

If you can be clever about it, you can free kicks in good positions, nothing wrong with that, unless it is a blatant dive! Maybe we are too honest at times, have we still not been awarded a penalty yet, that could be why?

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »
Maybe semps did it once but their number 10 was rarely off his knees. Guiseley were an impressive team but i just feel they let themselves down a bit with the gamesmanship. It has served them well, numerous penalties etc and bookings for the opposition, but i'm glad it's not an integral part of our game.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »
I just thought it was a bit embarrassing how they yelped like girls every time there was a strong tackle, that's not very Yorkshireman-esque, is it? But they are a very good passing side, very good indeed. Their no.4 (Peyton??) isn't as good as he thinks he is though.

And I am not a big fan of our Rory Coleman, he is a ball greedy t**t.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »
Made a big difference today having Pearson at the back and Church in the middle again. Cecil looked out of place in midfield and I was very surprised not to see Sleath starting after his performance last week but he came on and did very well again. Davidson battled well. I think we were more defencive minded than normal but we were up against a very good side. Well done lads. Roll on three points Tue.

boselecta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:30:22 PM »
Always a tough place to go,i'd have taken a point beforehand.So very happy with a draw.Plus Nuneaton and AFC Telford both drawing a excellent for both of us.Hope we both make the playoffs.
Great commentary= Endeavouronline, fair and unbiased.Many thanks!!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »
Definately the best footballing,passing side I have seen at YS this season. They closed us down and gave us little room all afternoon. I think at times though they over played it instead of having a go. Thought we looked edgy and it looked like we set up to defencively but it's another point nearer the play offs :)
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 07:51:24 PM »
A few first half pics.

More to follow.

against the odds

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 07:59:51 PM »
Ken, I thought you could have got at least 1 shot of James Walshaw rolling about on the ground - he was down enough times!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 08:03:33 PM »
A few more pics. More when I get home later tonight. I'll see if I can get a nice one of Walshaw - I'm amazed he didn't manage to either win a penalty or get one of our players sent off as he's an expert at it.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »
I thought it was the best game of the season so far and dont be to harsh on thier players they had heavy shorts on  ;D

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 11:32:04 PM »
A few more pics.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 02:09:48 AM »
think we looked alot better at the back today compared to the last few weeks think it shows we missed pearson's areial ability

on paper we should beat redditch tuesday as they are the poorest team i've seen this season by far and im sureS&H will warn about getting complacent

to be in the play-offs with abit of breathing space even at this stage of the season is a good achivement hopefully we can continue to kick and cement our PO spot then like last season see how things pan out in the games in hand while we hopefully get on abit of run it could be a very interesting 2nd half of the season