Author Topic: Alfreton  (Read 10285 times)

Bob Lee

Alfreton
« on: January 21, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Alfreton
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 05:59:31 PM »
Dont be surprised if they make an  offer for one of our center halves >:(

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 06:53:53 PM »
Dont know any of them that would want to go across only if they was certain to go up and nobody as that honour yet, Side ways no possibly to a club higher in a higher league

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 07:29:55 PM »
If any of ours consider Alfresco as a better option than us, they need their heads read and will only be interested in a quick buck.

If thats the case they good riddance if they want to go.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »
IMHO, If Alfreton (or any club) offer us decent money for any of our players we would be bonkers not to accept. I trust the mangers to find a replacement and we need the cash.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »
IMHO, If Alfreton (or any club) offer us decent money for any of our players we would be bonkers not to accept. I trust the mangers to find a replacement and we need the cash.

Id go more for non agreement on personal terms.As like i said the decent players in the team will only go upwards me thinks

YeadonLion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 07:05:51 PM »
Can we have Suarez?? :)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »
Can we have Suarez?? :)

Nope but you can have DD. Althou i think they need each other to be any good. why one grinds em down then the other comes on and makes the impact.

After spending 70 min fighting Big D the look on some defenders is the best part of the game when you take him of and send suarez on

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 12:02:48 PM »
They were looking at Pearson on Saturday according to BBC Lincoln City FC!

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 12:54:35 PM »
Pearson was quality on saturday

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 01:07:53 PM »
Personally i think that although Pearson still has alot to learn he is the best central defender i have ever seen in a Boston shirt, although we have had a few that have been useful Ellender,Monington,Balmer,White,Rennie,Hoyle.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 01:36:47 PM »
Personally i think that although Pearson still has alot to learn he is the best central defender i have ever seen in a Boston shirt,

I agree too. I don't know about the 60s, 70s and early 80s as I didn't start going regularly until 1985 and am fully aware that there were some special players in those earlier decades but Pearson is pure quality. That run he did on Saturday where it almost finished with him glancing in the header was amazing. Yes, he is still learning but he will be one hell of a player.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 01:52:02 PM »
Stuart Balmer oozed class, and Alan White was a proper centre-half (although it seems everywhere else he went, he wasn't liked). Players like Monington (Conference), Rennie (Dr Martens) and Hoyle (Dr Martens) were excellent at their level.

Pearson will need to prove himself at least at Conference level (hopefully with us) before he can get near Balmer and White.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 01:59:01 PM »
Personally i think that although Pearson still has alot to learn he is the best central defender i have ever seen in a Boston shirt, although we have had a few that have been useful Ellender,Monington,Balmer,White,Rennie,Hoyle.

The Adamson/Thompson partnership wasn't bad in the 70's either :)

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 02:09:29 PM »
I think what you have to remember is the likes of Hoyle, Balmer, White and Monnington were in their prime while at Boston, whereas Pearson is still very inexperienced and just a youngster.

If he carries on playing like this he will almost certainly progress up the ladder, great player!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds