Author Topic: Highlights  (Read 3738 times)

tigerroar

• View Profile
Highlights
« on: January 17, 2011, 05:24:10 AM »

goodyntu

• View Profile
Re: Highlights
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 11:57:56 AM »
Thanks for the link, good video. Thought we were close to snatching a draw at the end, Sleath was unlucky with the last shot. Commentators seemed to get a bit excited at the final whistle, we are in the same league as then so it's not that much of a shock to see us lose!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 12:23:55 PM by goodyntu »

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 03:12:44 PM »
ha ha famous win ha ha but it just shows what we're up against in this league if thats how we are viewed

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 03:32:49 PM »
I can't chart your immediate history off the top of my head but you were until quite recently a league side, you have a decent ground and you're doing well in the BSN with aspirations of promotion.

We have / are none of the above!

You were odds on to win and had already beaten us at "home" 7 days earlier. We'd lost five games on the bounce before the game.

Maybe some of these snippets will go some way to explaining our fans delight.

And I'm glad you enjoyed the highlights, did I miss anything out?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »
We only just came up from the league below!! No thought they was excellent  :D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »
Famous win !!!! were did that come from. Some teams seem to forget that when we dropped out the league as a club we went back to basic,part time etc. Boston may have a big ground and spare fan or 2 compared to others but theres less money in bufc than 80% of the clubs in this league. We may have a few pence more or a few pence less but i cant class a famous win as a win against a team with nearly the same budget and in the same league as you.

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 03:51:08 PM »
I think you're under selling your recent history there.

I'm not sure what the population of Boston is but we have 132,000 people in Gloucester, we get crowds below 400!

People won't take us seriously, whilst your lot are ex-League and even had your own (silly?) segment on Soccer AM.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »
Yeah but history stands for nothing like i said we only just came up this season and really have got one of the smallest budgets in the league

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »
if we was still in the league and you won yes it would be famous and likewise if you beat luton in wich i hope you do. but if what your saying is right then any one who beats us as a famous win. Sorry but nothink stands out for me to make it famous. As for our history of the football league been under sold gis a quid and you can have it.

One of the hard times you will have regarding gates will always effect you, You have a lot other clubs close by.

were here we dont have that problem and basicly its football or shopping and thats your options here.

That soccer am was ace.