Author Topic: Todays Trophy Game......  (Read 7249 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Todays Trophy Game......
« on: January 15, 2011, 06:19:21 PM »
A disappointing result (£6000 would have come in very handy) but a spirited performance never-the-less with a depleted team.....Gloucester are a physical team (nothing wrong with that) but we couldnt compete with them....it was a big shame that we didnt play to OUR strengths and keep the ball on the ground,rather than try and play and match them their way.....we left it too late to start to play but were unlucky on several occassions in the closing few minutes.....
Incidentally, how the"officials"failed to spot a blatent handball by Coleman on the line (some people in the ground said it was over the line)during the opening exchanges is beyond belief......

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Trophy Game......
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
Gloucester are a physical team (nothing wrong with that) but we couldnt compete with them

Didn't go today but sounds like a similar story to the gainsborough match

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 06:28:46 PM »
I didnt think it was spirited johny. the back 4 didnt talk all match.

We did try to play it on the floor severel times. we got about 2 passes before we passed it to them.

To say the truth we havnt ticked any good boxes this side xmas. as a team we are really badly missing pearson. He seems to be the one player that goes above is call of duty and gets the team going. 4 players like him in the team and we would fly

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:53:42 PM »
Yes,we were short of key players,but that should not hide the fact that for long periods of the game we were second best.It was a day when we couldn't even get the basics of passing the ball or even taking a throw in right.There was little creativity,and i'm struggling to remember us having a shot in the second half until we hit the bar in the last five minutes.Hugely disappointing performance.I have no problems with the result-Gloucester seemed to want it more than we did.It probably could have been worse considering we should have been one down from a penalty(and down to 10 men)within 3 minutes.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 08:05:06 PM »
Similar to the Nuneaton game for me, we don't have enough muscle in the team and when the big boys come to play we don't have ability above and beyond the opponents to pass em off the park like last year. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

against the odds

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:07:13 PM »
Not all bad today, though.  Lincoln Shitty bottom of the Football League.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 08:21:37 PM »
 ;D

Rushden, Grimsby, Cambridge, Histon, Lincoln, Kettering, Tamworth, Mansfield.... we need to get out of this division this year cos that looks immense for saving on petrol.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 09:20:59 PM »
Who picked MOM His Dad. It should have been the Ref He did more for us than the players.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 09:23:11 PM »
They deserved the win, should have been 2-0 after the hand ball incident.
I thought our best player was Clarke, he even managed a shot on goal and there weren't many of them!
Nice to here an honest appraisal of the game from Paul Hurst in the BBC interview.
Pity Koranteng didn't come on earlier as he had an immediate impact with his extra pace.
It might have cost a bit more than the £6k, the Gloucester fans reckon they gate a share of the gate money too  :-\

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 09:26:08 PM »
Who picked MOM His Dad. It should have been the Ref He did more for us than the players.

Anyone know why one of the mascots reffed the game today?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 09:36:26 PM »
I think even though we was out muscled they still was not a good side and it didn't excuse our bad passing and poor play they may have been big but had no football in them hence why they are near the bottom of the league

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
I didn't think that we played well today, lacked passion and desire untill the last 10 minutes of the game, think that we are getting found out a little by teams in this league now, we need a B plan.
Also I did think that the crowd was quite today (me included), the team need the crowd, but the crowd need something to react to, and none of them was there today.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »

Personally I thought Sleath had a good game box-to-box, tracking his man, putting himself about trying to make up for church's "presence" in midfield

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »

Personally I thought Sleath had a good game box-to-box, tracking his man, putting himself about trying to make up for church's "presence" in midfield

+1 to that
Thought he had a good game

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 10:53:31 PM »
Just seen that hand ball clip. F***. rory boy wants to count himself a very lucky man. If its any consilation thou it deffinitly didnt look like it crossed the line. rory was on line when he saved it.