Author Topic: Todays Trophy Game......  (Read 7295 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Trophy Game......
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 12:46:43 AM »
Personally I thought Sleath deserved the mom award, his passing was better than most and came very close to scoring late on. Today we were very flat and it was a very obvious 4 4 2 and we only looked dangerous whe Yates joined Suarez and SWD once or twice. Sleath was restricted today and hopefully we will see him paired with Church in the middle to allow Sleath to go forward more as he did last season and the beginning of this to good effect.

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
Sleath WAS the man of the match. Excellent performance. . Don't know about 'defensive' crisis, I think it's the other end of the pitch that needs looking at. Very few attempts on their goal. I think their goaly only had one scare in the first half. If the urgency shown by us in the last 5 minutes was shown earlier in the game we would have won the game comfortably.   

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 10:58:55 AM »
Sleath WAS the man of the match. Excellent performance. . Don't know about 'defensive' crisis, I think it's the other end of the pitch that needs looking at. Very few attempts on their goal. I think their goaly only had one scare in the first half. If the urgency shown by us in the last 5 minutes was shown earlier in the game we would have won the game comfortably.   

No decent balls to them yesterday,they had nowt to feed off.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
Just picking up on a few points in this - haven't really had a chance till now. Sleath was by far the best player on the pitch how anyone can think he wasn't I'm not really sure what game they where watching. Clarke was mediocre and tbh I'd like to see Sleath's partnership with Church renewed, it's since they've been split up we have lost our form. Clarke is a ball winner but hasn't got the creativity of Sleath IMO.

Don't think teams are finding us out in this league, Gloucester where more like your a-typical mediocre Unibond team, all muscle, well fat at least and little skill. The only other defeat was Gainsborough and they weren't much different to Gloucester tbh.

The game itself wasn't much different to our win at their place, absolutely gutted we're out the trophy but as long as we make the play-offs it'll still have been great season that has exceeded expectation whether we win the play-offs or not.