Author Topic: New ground  (Read 9697 times)

Bob Lee

Re: New ground
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 10:06:33 PM »
I have a big field, start the bids ;D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 10:19:04 PM »
its only worth that much as retail. Dispite everyone wanting to stay there it been made clear that the land will NOT be use as a ground once the lease is up.

The council dont want the ground there after that so i think there would be issue with planning.

6.6 includes the glider but even if we did stay we wouldnt be showing any ambition in going forward by allowing room for the need of vp veiwing rooms, extra seating if needed. also after been round the inside of york street the space needed to go forward is not there. Lets not forget the higher you go the more you need, not only to meet grading etc but also to be able to make the ground,offices,funtion rooms etc  a multi purpose ground

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 10:39:25 PM »
While I fully understand that remaining indefinitely at York Street is a non-starter, I do not believe that the Council, or any other body, can force a change of use of existing premises, except for compulsory purchase for an over-riding reason. It can only interfere on change of use. Only the owner (or potential purchaser) may apply for planning permission for change of use, but would not need to apply for continued use in the same way.

It is obvious, however, that the present owner is not going to miss a golden opportunity to make a killing.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 11:54:34 PM »
York St is not a big enough site for a football club these days to make money, we need outside pitches the plastic style pitches to rent out, function rooms and bars and maybe some sort of retail park, all built on the site that the football club is on, so it is making money 24/7 not just on match days.
Just think how much money the club must pay out just on the kids training during the week, the Centre of Excellence train on a Tuesday and Thursday at Carres school & RAF Canwell as well as playing there on Sundays. I think that York Street is a great ground but the club needs to move to make money.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »
Staying at YS would soon cost a lot more than the initial purchase anyway... Neither the Main Stand or York Street End would be fit for purpose for many more decades. In a money-no-object fantasy, I'd put a multi-storey car park where the glider is, rebuild the YSE as a modern seated stand segregated as appropriate for matches and rennovate the Main Stand putting things like the VP lounge and directors in the middle of that. And removing the posts.

For what it's worth, I agree with previous suggestions on here that we should go piecemeal with the new ground. If we can't afford a complete ground to be proud of straight away, just build a main stand and a terraced end to start with, adding the others as we go along. Rather have a rubbish ground for a few years than a Deva forever.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 11:22:28 AM »
While I fully understand that remaining indefinitely at York Street is a non-starter, I do not believe that the Council, or any other body, can force a change of use of existing premises, except for compulsory purchase for an over-riding reason. It can only interfere on change of use. Only the owner (or potential purchaser) may apply for planning permission for change of use, but would not need to apply for continued use in the same way.

It is obvious, however, that the present owner is not going to miss a golden opportunity to make a killing.

Housing or supermarket.(yes more) its been change to.

They wont allow spain road any higher but yet there happy to let a supermarket build a tin hut twice as high

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 07:03:21 PM »
The way that I look at it, if you rent a house that cost you £1000 per week to rent, but you can have a brand new build that is better with a shop on site to make money from and the goverment are going to give you over 1/2 the cost to build your new place and then it is yours, you would take it?
I think that we are talking about 40-60 acres, what is York st 5?

Monty

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 07:14:43 PM »
Believe me we will never have a ground half as good as York Street, which is a traditional town centre ground steep in history.
However, it's the hand we have been dealt with so we will have to embrace a low budget, Lego style out of town stadia (Where's Shodfriars???)

I think a Waitrose built on York Street would serve the town well, but I expect 100 plus housing units.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 07:46:34 PM »
I dont like the new style lego grounds, but football is a business and the football club need at new development to move on.
 I think that the little stadium that sleaford Town had built cost around 1.2 mil

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 07:47:23 PM »
if we end up with an out of town stadium our attendances are likely to suffer, as alot of our support tend to be OAPs who may be put of traveling through bostons hidious traffic twice and not being able to enjoy a few drinks.
imagine over a 1000 cars trying to get down tattershall road at the same time.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »
What will a 1000 cars be traveling down Tattershall Rd for ?

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 08:43:49 PM »
What will a 1000 cars be traveling down Tattershall Rd for ?
just an example if built down there, it would be the same at any out of town location.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »
Tattershall Road site is not big enough, if Boston's board build on a new site it has to be worth it, any new site will be out of Town. A52 Wainfleet Road, A16 Wyberton Road, A52 Sleaford Road.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 08:13:42 AM »
Tattershall Road site is not big enough, if Boston's board build on a new site it has to be worth it, any new site will be out of Town. A52 Wainfleet Road, A16 Wyberton Road, A52 Sleaford Road.

A52 wainfleet road is the wrong side of town, it'll never get planning for traffic reasons.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 09:19:25 AM »
I don't think i could imagine myself watching boston at a different stadium, where i guess the atmosphere is extremely lacking :( will be gutted when we move