Author Topic: U/2 Beautiful Day  (Read 2939 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
U/2 Beautiful Day
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
I was listening to BFBS the other day and they played this Odelaf bootleg remix of U2's Beautiful Day.
According to my son, the troops love it, they're using it to psyche them up before sending them after the Taleban  :o
Slightly different to the version we get on matchday, but maybe its time for an update! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Xy7kUuTEM

Might have to supply ear plugs for the old boys  :dan

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: U/2 Beautiful Day
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »
wouldnt work, speakers sound tinny at the best of times and this definitely would not work. too many beats to build something up its a football match not a rave

bufc40

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »
crap mix and completely battered a decent track.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:23:21 PM »
wouldnt work, speakers sound tinny at the best of times and this definitely would not work. too many beats to build something up its a football match not a rave

Yes it would probably damage the sound system.  :dan
That 'Right here, Right now' track they play as the teams run out does sound very tinny.  Ce Lo Green sounded OK at half-time; the sort of tune the ladies used to dance around their handbags to back in the disco day  :o
Not exactly going to create the atmosphere you want at 'Fortress' York St though...

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 08:27:26 PM »
crap mix and completely battered a decent track.
I've heard a couple of other remixes but they don't sound a whole lot different to the original.  The original is the best, obviously, but it does get played to death  :dan