Author Topic: fans  (Read 8627 times)

Adam

• View Profile
Re: fans
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 09:35:27 PM »
And don't you think Boston fans have suffered enough over the last few years?

Even if some was self inflicted.......

Cut the crap about 'true fans', a fans a fan even if he only turns up once a season. Not everyone needs to stand behind a big flag with a replica shirt on to be classed a true fan.

Fact is there's some on here who've built this team up to be something its not, worse still there's some on here who still trot out the 'be thankful we've still got a club' line.

Its time for this much hyped management team to start delivering results, Tuesday's gate will probably dip below a thousand and its the middle of September, if we go out of the FA Cup on Saturday which is quite possible given the fragile nature of the team I think the fans have every right to voice their disapproval. Boston fans pay the highest prices in the league and they deserve better than the garbage seen so far at home.

One loss in seventeen games under new managers = fragile team?

Who is a fan and who isn't is a boring and irrelevant debate. Regardless, a lot of people are going to express opinions on the team. You're exactly right about there still being a few on here thankful of having a club: the rest with a sense of perspective have given up bashing their head against the brick wall and just accepted that some people just love to moan, and will do so whenever we don't win...

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 07:42:23 AM »
Please come back Bostonshire. *ollocks to the rest of em. We are all entitled to have our say. Sometimes people afree with it and uvver times they don't. there should not be any personal attacks on anyone.
Just heared from my mate that Woody had a good game. In the beginning I thought he was our weak link but also that I hope he improves with experience. Keep it up Woody. I do also think that the booing and stuff is not right. The players know when it's gone tits up and the abuse of the pitch doesn't help----see----sometimes people disagree with what I say but who can disagree with that last statement.
Fully agree with GHM and OCM. Perhaps madhos should say sorry for upsetting Bostonshire.
Sometimes we all talk out of our arses, including bb1, but there is a huge difference between disagreeing and slagging off.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 12:10:29 PM »
Do,nt know who you are but come back Bostonshire , I think most on here like the honesty and passion of your contributions.

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 06:44:04 PM »
BOSTONSHIRE PLEASE COME BACK IM SORRY  :( ...........IT WAS A ONLY A JOKE  ;D..........

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 06:47:42 PM »
BOSTONSHIRE PLEASE COME BACK IM SORRY  :( ...........IT WAS A ONLY A JOKE  ;D..........

I want kisses and hug with that ;D

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 07:27:26 PM »
I think a lot of our fans and my personal expectations may have been created by such an excellent pre - season. We played some great passing football and it was such a transformation compared to the previous season. This has probably fuelled alot of peoples great expectations for this season. Were all human and sometimes we get a bit carried away with expectations. I personally don't think we're going to get promoted but I think play offs arent out of our reach. I don't go to games to see my team win, I go to see them play and perform to the best of thier ability. I'm quite happy to go out those gates having watched us loose, knowing the lads have put their all into the game. However it's different when the effort isnt put in by players and rightly they should be told.
One point I would like to make from this is - since we played such good football then, why isn't it being reflected in the league games. Obviously we've added other players to the squad and that has changed the game we play, most noteably davidson and saurez. I'm sure the long ball game will now be dropped and the managers will rectify the formation which I agree with many people on here should go back to 4 4 2. As the saying goes - if it aint broke dont fix it, it worked in pre season and I'm confident the lads will get back to winning ways with 4 4 2. I don't think the team as a whole is under performaning, just simply the managers have experimented with formations and simply it's not working for us. There's no told you so about it from me as I'm not a football manager or a know all on the terrace, I respect them for trying new ideas and being brave enough to try them. They are definately the men to do this job, as are the players - they have my total backing.
However as a fan, I respect the right for other fans to have an opinion and not be judged or slated for having a view on something. As long as it isnt personal and abusive, people need to learn that a game may be viewed totally different compared to the view of another fan.
Fans play a huge part in a team, we need to be the 12th man at home - not the disadvantage to the lads. Keep the shouts polite and respectful and encourage them. F'ing and blinding at them will do nothing good and wont give them any confidence. However if fans arent justifyably happy with something, its their right to let the players know in a constructive manor.
All I'd say is keep the faith, believe in them and they will deliver. Don't stay away from the games, you'll be hurting the club. No fan wants to hurt their club surely. Get to the home games, even if you can't travel away and cheer on the lads to victory. We've a fab little club, lets all be proud of it once again.

Pride of Lincolnshire
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:29:57 PM by Pride of Lincolnshire »

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »
Having not been able to get to a match so far this season due to work commitments I can't really comment on how the team are performing apart from what I read on the O/S and on here.  It does appear that we need to revert to a 442 system to give the midfield a boost though.  I like most on here will give positive posts on the team (apart from last season V Nantwich) and I do hope this not winning at home situation goes quickly.  I will be happy if we finish in the playoff positions this season; winning the league would be great though!  As long as were not loosing I'm happy; okay a draw isn't great but at least its a point.  For those that have been so far this season who has been good so far and the most consistant?  I genuinely cannot wait until I'm at my first match this season and at the moment it looks like the BPA match at home, also planned a trip over to Whitby and in true tradition I'll be at the Boxing day game.  Keep getting behind the lads and always; Up the Pilgrims!!!

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 08:04:39 AM »
Good post PoL.
Well done madhos. Thats two of us so far this season who have said sorry for something and we won't be the last.

bb1

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »
Think this thread sparked a balanced debate on the whole.I may talk out of my arse  at times as been said but it is wrong to hiss and boo these young players who don't give up easily and doing it so early in the season.Could understand it if it was in march and we were languishing at the bottom. Get behind em tonight and we may be rewarded with a win .