Author Topic: what are they upto?  (Read 2663 times)

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
what are they upto?
« on: January 04, 2011, 06:27:47 PM »
according to the united website the conference officials have re-re-arranged the gainsborough fixture. problem being, they have put it between the alfreton and telford fixtures. why have they got involved? why change it at all? and why between the 2 biggest games of the season.?

smell a rat anyone?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: what are they upto?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »
Why have they got involved? Because it's their competition. I believe a fixture has to be rearranged within 7 weeks of the original date. 26th December + 7 weeks = 6th February (a Sunday). So the game had to be rearranged in or before the midweek starting the 7th February...

The clubs have to agree a date between them, but the Conference have the final say.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 07:40:17 PM »
If we beat Gloucester in the Trophy and then draw our match in the next round (not beyond the realms of possibility), we'll have a replay that midweek and so the Gainsborough match will have to be moved again!

daveangel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:50:45 PM »
Sounds nigh on impossible to me  ;D

Bob Lee

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 10:49:42 PM »
Many times over the last few seasons, I have cited the possibility of one rule for us, and a different rule for everyone else.

Or the conspiracy theory.

I will not list every event, we all know what they are >:(

Still not had a penalty in the league this season, I rest my case. 8)