Author Topic: poor run  (Read 8637 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: poor run
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 09:48:06 PM »
i'll go along with everything that rob and paul do.  very happy to have then here!

but surely after today Suarez must start ahead of Davidson.

Suarez is by far the more attacking, better feet, more mobile, better in the air.

Davidson scared the living shit out of them in the first half, they couldn't get the ball off him.  Suarez was great and more direct, but would have struggled as Danny did for the full game.

The dd and MS debate is one that happends everyweek in truth, It doesnt matter who starts the sub makes the impact, its just the way it is

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 10:20:02 PM »
i'll go along with everything that rob and paul do.  very happy to have then here!

but surely after today Suarez must start ahead of Davidson.

Suarez is by far the more attacking, better feet, more mobile, better in the air.

Davidson scared the living shit out of them in the first half, they couldn't get the ball off him.  Suarez was great and more direct, but would have struggled as Danny did for the full game.

The dd and MS debate is one that happends everyweek in truth, It doesnt matter who starts the sub makes the impact, its just the way it is

Always the case when the former has knackered the centre backs, the later takes the glory of the space and time.  Out of all our forward players, Davidson is the one I'd least like to face as he doesn't know what he is going to do with it half the time and the other half he is so fecking big you couldn't move him.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
Ill be the first to admit that im never a big fan of the dd and ms of the football world but ill also admit to been nearly the first to shout for one on sat.your point LCB about knackered defenders then the sub comming to get the glory as about hit the nail on the head

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 11:05:29 PM »
That is also the reason why Miles is often a substitute...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
some interesting comments. personally i think the managers are still getting to know the bsn and much of what they are doing is trial and error. on that note you could say we are in a brilliant position in the table and things can only progress forward. still early days, but if we don't make it through the play-offs then next season could be an even more rosy story.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »
I remember at the end of last season when we played FCUM at home and (I think) Suarez started and Davidson came on after about 65 minutes. It was relatively warm that day and the look on the centre back's face when Danny ran on, who had already dealt with Mikel all afternoon and looked shattered, was priceless.

I would begin with Mikel personally but like others have said, I think it depends on certain criteria as who is best to start.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:24:13 PM by Senny »

ChesterfieldPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 08:58:29 PM »
First posting here ever, so be kind!

I echo all that, I just think it's great to be straight up and in the top part of the league.

I was at the Eastwood match and the way we kept the noise up all through the match, whether we were in the ascendency or not was a credit to the fans. That's the spirit we need to show this season. Boston and proud, regardless of league position.