Author Topic: poor run  (Read 8636 times)

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
poor run
« on: January 03, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »
1 win in last 6 league games is not exactly play-off contender material. only scored 4 in them 6 games. why are we not scoring???????????

Seenbetter

Re: poor run
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »
Got to agree with WYP. As for the scoring question, I've been asking the same question for weeks. Is Newsham too light weight. Is DD only here because of his height.Hunter is never on long enough to prove himself. SWD seems our best bet but do we expect too much from him. Perhaps a complete overhaul of our attacking ideas is needed. At the end of it all our budget is the limiting factor. I don't have the answer but I think it's a cause for concern.
Just a discussion point. I shall still be at home and away games cheering them on.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 05:32:22 PM »

Good post and well worth discussing over on the patter.
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:45:22 PM »
alot of the good results that we have got this season are down to good defending and keeping clean sheets, but you cannot keep that up for a whole season. i think swd is better than this league and should be scoring more. maybe its the service, or lack of it.
of the games i have got to this season the match at droylsden showed a prime example why we are not scoring. formation and tactics used in that game were very negative and was not seen in any matches the previous season.

stevie blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:51:12 PM »
At the end of it all our budget is the limiting factor.
Maybe you wont have long to wait!!!!!!

PILGRIMS WOULD CONSIDER GOING FULL-TIME AGAIN
20/12/2010

The prospect of turning full-time will be on the agenda when the management team at Blue Square Bet North club Boston United hold New Year talks with chairman David Newton.

www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk>

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »
Thought it was a much better performance today compared to Saturday, probably just about deserved a win. Good point though anyway, seeing as Eastwood took a point of Alfreton last game so they must be a decent side. We're still in the play offs, doing better than we expected so can't see what there is to moan about. SWD looked a handful all game and Suarez was great when he came on. I'm still not totally convinced with Newsh on the wing, would rather see Semps or Yates there, but all in all a good point.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
Didn't think Nathan K or Marc Newsh added any value today in their wide positions. Certainly no better than Yates and especially Semple.

Davidson wasn't up to much and I think Suarez will start the next game. The managers seem to be back to the position where they're not sure of their best team.

Thought Cullingworth did pretty well today, as did Church. Would like to see Sleath back in the side. I can't imagine he's too happy at the moment.

Cold feet today as well  :(

DL

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »
Hopefully we can find our best 11 and stick with them and hopefully the results will come. To keep in with a shout of the tittle we need atleast 13 points from our 6 league games in Jan. To start (providing no injuries) Sat:
Haystead
Canoville
Pearson
Murphy
Jellyman
Sleath
Clarke
Church
Yates
Suarez
Weir - Daley

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 08:11:06 PM »
Hopefully we can find our best 11 and stick with them and hopefully the results will come. To keep in with a shout of the tittle we need atleast 13 points from our 6 league games in Jan. To start (providing no injuries) Sat:
Haystead
Canoville
Pearson
Murphy
Jellyman
Sleath
Clarke
Church
Yates
Suarez
Weir - Daley

why are people talling S&H who to pick ?

last season no-one had a bad word to say about them, a couple of bad results which are not great i admit are not great but remember the phrase, through thick and thin ?

don't fooget also we're still new to this league obviously being promoted last season

a couple of good results and no-one will say a thing

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »
I know its difficult to complain when we are in the position that we are in the league and im not, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As someone has asked why dont we score more goals. Its easy, because were so hung up about defending that when we do get a break we are to far back to make it count.
As for MS i dont know why he doesnt start in front of DD. Everybody i know prefers him. I guess hes just not in favor. I would like to see Miles Hunter given the chance as well.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »
I think we can start to seriously question the management when we are 5th bottom, not 5th top...

The aim this year is consolidation, then push on next year. We are well on course to do that!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »
A think a draw today was exactly what both teams deserved. Neither Eastwood or ourselves played brilliantly. Our defending was poor at the best of times and our passing sloppy. Going forward we created several decent opportunities but very little sustained pressure. At times it was neck breaking stuff watching the ball fly from one end to the other. We look a disjointed team after the winter break, something which no doubt will improve game after game.
Listening to Rob Scott after the match, I thought his comments on our defending were spot on. Since the winter break our defence is an open door, something I never thought I'd say this season. With injuries to defenders, we're now looking very exposed and without many alternatives. I wonder if the managers are looking for another defender to come in on a loan to help out and relieve some of the pressure.
I feel that up front, we're never going to score many, you only have to look at the goal average to see this. This is becoming more apparent as the season progresses. Newsham doesn't look to have that comfortable goal scoring ability that he did in the league below. Danny and Mikel will pop up with a few here and there, but are by no means conventional strikers. SWD is a very good player and will bag his fair share no doubt, as will Yates. But most importantly we've no reliable goal scorer to depend on when things are going against us. Ryan Kendal who plays for Trinity, highlighted exactly the kind of player we need in our squad. Someone with the ability to shoot when instantly presented with a shot on goal and to score from these chances.
It would be absurd to expect us to win the league on our first season I believe. With no disrespect to any player, I honestly believe this team will cement us as a decent team in the BSN, but not promotion contenders. I'm more than happy to watch us in the BSN for a season or two, but it seems alot are expecting the impossible of these players and managers to get us straight into the conference with the first attempt. Players will come and go before we see conference football I'm certain. The most influential factor in gaining promotion is finance available to buy improved players. Our current squad are no pay cheque grabbers and will do us proud in the meantime with their continuing hard work and hunger to strive to be better players. Most importanlty, patience is needed from us, the supporters and secondly encouragement. Players don't set out to loose a game and they don't need moronic comments and abuse that I still hear from "fans" at games. Get behind the lads.

Keep the faith !

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »
i'll go along with everything that rob and paul do.  very happy to have then here!

but surely after today Suarez must start ahead of Davidson.

Suarez is by far the more attacking, better feet, more mobile, better in the air.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
i'll go along with everything that rob and paul do.  very happy to have then here!

but surely after today Suarez must start ahead of Davidson.

Suarez is by far the more attacking, better feet, more mobile, better in the air.

Davidson scared the living shit out of them in the first half, they couldn't get the ball off him.  Suarez was great and more direct, but would have struggled as Danny did for the full game.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 09:46:24 PM »
They need to be managed, depending on the opposition. Two lumbering centre backs? DD, then Mikel brought on in the second half.

Anything else? Vice versa.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/