Author Topic: Another New Signing  (Read 9703 times)

Pride of Lincolnshire

Re: Another New Signing
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 10:43:32 AM »
If we give Nathan and whoever he's partnered up front with a walkie talkie, Nathan gives them the nods up that he's going for a "trot" up pitch, giving Danny or whoever it is a few minutes to reach the the other end. Simples !

In all seriousness, this could just be what we need. Some terrifying pace up front will really test the oppositions defence. As has been already mentioned, just hope the young lad isn't mullered by beer gutted meat heads who can't handle such pace. Be great to see him back.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 10:56:01 AM »
Talking of pace, how long will it be before we see Miles Hunter given a go up front. He's a quick lad and might be another option, what does others think?  :dan

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
How can the linesman keep up with him?

Why would they need to, they don't normally worry about that sort of thing.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 11:03:45 AM »
How can the linesman keep up with him?

Why would they need to, they don't normally worry about that sort of thing.

Too true! They just roll a six start and put the flag up

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 11:16:51 AM »
Talking of pace, how long will it be before we see Miles Hunter given a go up front. He's a quick lad and might be another option, what does others think?  :dan

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny

I've often thought the same. Maybe the managers only view him as a super sub. When he does come on, he's full of energy. Just wonder if he could sustain that energy for a full match, which at this level is asking too much. Maybe start with him for change and bring him off after 45 or whatever suits.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
If we give Nathan and whoever he's partnered up front with a walkie talkie, Nathan gives them the nods up that he's going for a "trot" up pitch, giving Danny or whoever it is a few minutes to reach the the other end. Simples !

In all seriousness, this could just be what we need. Some terrifying pace up front will really test the oppositions defence. As has been already mentioned, just hope the young lad isn't mullered by beer gutted meat heads who can't handle such pace. Be great to see him back.
By up front, you mean on the wing?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »
this signing could certainly change the way we play. less hoof more football

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »
I thought we stuck well to playing football yesterday, until we went 3-1 down.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »
I thought we stuck well to playing football yesterday, until we went 3-1 down.

And then we started to look dangerous.  At least we have a Plan B (not the rapper/singer guy) which seems to work when A doesn't

Seenbetter

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »
Shame we couldn't look dangerous from the beginning. We do seem to have lost the knack of scoring goals, enough to win the game that is.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 02:56:09 PM »
Shame we couldn't look dangerous from the beginning. We do seem to have lost the knack of scoring goals, enough to win the game that is.
taking away the games against redditch and harrogate, we are only average 1 goal per game but have conceded 9 in the 3 games which we have lost. when we lose we lose bad but when we have won its only just. does this mean that if we have a bad day defensively we gonna lose, or is it we just can't score.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 08:48:27 PM »
That .There was also talk that a club has made an approach for one of our players (Conference club) no one knows what club or what player. Any rumours? ;)

myself i think it might be pearson because they said he had an hamstring injury today but braught in murphy who is also struggling with a knock

i hope not but, i wouldn't be suprised if its pearson, might even be to york afterall he supported them as a lad and he didn't put a bad show on againt them in the trophy

if it is does happen to be him anyone know if we would get any £ for him ?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:51:41 PM by BUFC ♥ »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
taking away the games against redditch and harrogate, we are only average 1 goal per game but have conceded 9 in the 3 games which we have lost. when we lose we lose bad but when we have won its only just. does this mean that if we have a bad day defensively we gonna lose, or is it we just can't score.

Or it could be that when we go a goal down, it's the mentality of the squad that if we're losing by one we may as well give it a go and lose by 3 if every once in a while we turn it round (as we did today which could have easily been a 3-1 or 4-1 defeat if the equalizer hadn't come)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 09:49:21 PM »
That .There was also talk that a club has made an approach for one of our players (Conference club) no one knows what club or what player. Any rumours? ;)

myself i think it might be pearson because they said he had an hamstring injury today but braught in murphy who is also struggling with a knock

i hope not but, i wouldn't be suprised if its pearson, might even be to york afterall he supported them as a lad and he didn't put a bad show on againt them in the trophy

if it is does happen to be him anyone know if we would get any £ for him ?

Yes , he on contract