Author Topic: FCUM/MAN UTD  (Read 4323 times)

cappo

• View Profile
FCUM/MAN UTD
« on: December 19, 2010, 03:01:33 PM »
listening to talk sport this morning and was interested when they made a comment concerning man utd that they may have a massive bid for the club from some arab royalty.it just begs the question that if the glaziers sold the club would the stay away fans return from isolation with fc back to old trafford.
"till saturday comes"

fcum_91

• View Profile
Re: FCUM/MAN UTD
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 03:50:34 PM »
Nope, Glazers was the final straw not the sole reason... say Glazers do sell to this Qatar company, ticket prices would still be sky high, hardly any games will be Saturday 3pm, still wouldn't be able to stand at games... very happy at FCUM, no going back now.. Against Modern Football.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 04:46:58 PM »
Against Modern Football.

But willing take t.v revenues for F.A Cup games. Suppose you re-wrote the constitution quickly once your F.A Cup run started  :P. Revolutionaries in football shirts and scarfs - who'd of thought it. I can't see a long term future for FCUM. Glazier will eventually leave and most will be tempted to sneak back into OT. You don't see Newcastle fans abandoning their club, just because they can't stand Mike Ashley. They will stay loyal and sit the Ashley era out till the next fat cat comes along, hopefully bringing them success. Money talks, no two ways about it. As good as FCUM's intentions are, if they want to survive, surely they'll have to adopt the sins of other mainstream football clubs. When it comes to getting that new stadium or acheieving promotion, I'm sure most fans would turn a blind eye to it.
Interested to hear others opinions on the subject of modern football.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »
Against Modern Football.

But willing take t.v revenues for F.A Cup games. Suppose you re-wrote the constitution quickly once your F.A Cup run started  :P. Revolutionaries in football shirts and scarfs - who'd of thought it. I can't see a long term future for FCUM. Glazier will eventually leave and most will be tempted to sneak back into OT. You don't see Newcastle fans abandoning their club, just because they can't stand Mike Ashley. They will stay loyal and sit the Ashley era out till the next fat cat comes along, hopefully bringing them success. Money talks, no two ways about it. As good as FCUM's intentions are, if they want to survive, surely they'll have to adopt the sins of other mainstream football clubs. When it comes to getting that new stadium or acheieving promotion, I'm sure most fans would turn a blind eye to it.
Interested to hear others opinions on the subject of modern football.

That's your opinion which you're allowed to have, we signed up to the F.A cup therefore signing up to their rules regarding Kick off times, in response to your Newcastle post, a good friend of mine is a die-hard Newcastle supporter and a good few of them would back a breakaway from Newcastle, as soon as we get to Ten Acres lane more money will be freed up with not having to pay Bury a stupid ammount of rent which can be used on players and strenghtning the squad... i can see you're not a big fan of the Fcum idea which is your choice aint going to knock you, they said when we formed back in 2005 it wouldn't last til Christmas.....

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 05:41:34 PM »
In short, A F C Wimbledon. I would rather follow them than some synthetic pop-star outfit miles away. And I would rather follow the Pilgrims through thick and thin, non-league and league, corruption, administration and all, than a club in the north-west where many of the fans have been no nearer to Old Trafford than Bangkok. (No offence intended to the true Mancunian reds fans who have genuine reason for their support, or for the FCUM group who have made a difficult but well reasoned decision.)

True loyalty is a faith. Either you believe, or you walk away. FCUM will go on.

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 08:49:41 PM »
End of last season I went to Man United saturday home game and what a waste of £44. Came away feeling your just a bum on a seat. Didn't feel a part of the "Man United Experience". I don't think the players give a toss about the supporters so long as they get their thousands for being prima donnors. The sooner big clubs like that go bust the better it will be for the greater game. Small clubs are put out of business by FA rules for the sake of deadline dates and a few thousand pounds of debt which could easily be settled by a contribution of a couple of hundred of 'bums on seats' from big clubs.
As for FCUM, I think they have achieved a fantastic thing  and wish em the very best for the New Year and years to come.
Can't wait to get to the next Boston United game where you actually feel close to  the game (literally) and appreciated by the owners.
Incidentally, apart from  my feelings about the football club the rest of the day was good.

YCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 05:22:53 AM »
I go back to the days when most clubs supporters called for the board to be sacked. It was often said that if they run their business like they ran the Club they wouldn't have a business to run.
A lot of years later they run the Clubs, at the top, like a business and get slagged off for it.
I like FCUM and hope they succeed in keeping their feet on the ground.
They have to fall in line with the level that they are in but others may opt to do it their way if they succeed.
Football may once again be for the fans in the street instead of some television guru and we can then go back to blaming the board for getting it wrong.
That makes me sound like I'm a Newcastle fan, always blaming the board!!!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 02:10:44 PM »
My only concearn with fcum is more with the plan to progress. Like most clubs i would guess that they want to go as high as possible,

My one question to them would be. when/if at a level such as league 1 and driving for promotion to the championship, TV and Sponsership monies will become a must have to compete.

wich way do fcum turn from there. as im sure nobody is going to donate the type of funds needed every year. You can fall and id guess the falling would be fast or become a tv hot dinner and push for more??????

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 02:58:43 PM »
I would imagine, without a sugar daddy backing them, they'll level off with whatever crowds they get when in their new ground. If they are getting 3,000 regularly, there's no reason why they cannot sustain League 2. 5,000? League One.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/