Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 13241 times)

Bob Lee

Re: Todays game
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 10:54:11 PM »
Damn, damn and damn again I had us down for a 3-0 thrashing. ;) Well played lads :xmashat

Rocking Rev

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 10:48:42 AM »
 I too had us down for a 3-0 defeat so imagine my joy this morning reading that we had won 1-0. This is a magnificent result against an in-form Conference Premier side. It is a sign that we fear no one and can compete with the best that Non-League can put up against us. This is an excellent Boston side and, although promotion is the main target, a good Trophy run can instill confidence and produce some additional revenue.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »
I thought I'd just watch this one for a change rather than try to take any photos, but I couldn't resist taking a few snaps with my toy camera.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 02:03:08 PM »
Giantkillers!!

1300? hardly.

it was the highest attendance in the comp yesterday. just shows how uninportant the comp has become to the prem sides who are chasing the play offs. even a little disappointing that only 164 of us could make it considering we have not played for 3 weeks and we were playing higher league opposition.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:09:41 PM by wayne, york pilgrim »

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »
Giantkillers!!

1300? hardly.

it was the highest attendance in the comp yesterday. just shows how uninportant the comp has become to the prem sides who are chasing the play offs. even a little disappointing that only 164 of us could make it considering we have not played fot 3 weeks and we were playing higher league opposition.

Don't forget we were only given official confirmation the game was on at around 11ish. Good turnout I thought.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:12:26 PM by goodyntu »

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »
Giantkillers!!

1300? hardly.

it was the highest attendance in the comp yesterday. just shows how uninportant the comp has become to the prem sides who are chasing the play offs. even a little disappointing that only 164 of us could make it considering we have not played for 3 weeks and we were playing higher league opposition.

Can look at the 3 week break in 2 ways in our number of 164 , that in those 3 weeks we'd have had 3 games 2 of those i'd have thought we'd have got maximum points and maybe a draw at worcester which would have given us momentum going into yesterday and creating abit more intrest with us fans and also 2 weeks before christmas people will be counting there pennies

but i can see your point that the 3week break could have made a few more travel considering it was against a higher league team and not the furthest journey

but who cares ? we won and we're in the hat for the next round !

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »
164 is a good figure and probably the highest away support on the day but still, i was expecting more. the ones who did travel certainly made plenty of noise which had to have had a inspiring effect on our players.
looking forward to the draw 2moz. grimsby, crawley, luton would be great.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 03:22:35 PM »

There appears to be a bad case of "sour grapes" in York, judging by some of the comments posted on the York Press website...

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/8733077.Boston_s_Shaun_Pearson_aims_to_dump_York_City_heroes_out_of_FA_Trophy/#commentsList

... If Shaun Pearson is the worst player to have played at Bootham Crescent this season, I can only assume they haven't played Harrogate in any regional cup competitions. And if they thought our time wasting was pathetic, let's hope they never have to play Nuneaton.

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »
I think 164 was pretty good. Very hard for people to plan ahead for the weather and making train ticket booking very risky, as I am sure quite a few would have chosen this route.

YCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »
Pearson the worst player at Bootham Crescent this season?? It's good to know he is a York fan who has travelled to watch us but he was, along with your other defenders, superb yesterday. York were poor and you deserved to win. Several people I spoke to thought Pearson was impressive but not as good as your captain, he was awesome. As for us, our big game is at Bolton and their prices are very reasonable which means we will have a good following. Best of luck and we may see you next season, if we don't get promoted that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »
Pictures from yesterday's game from the York City twitter feed. >> http://www.mainlyfax.fotopic.net/c1923387.html

Surely Rankine was worse than Pearson by miles, Shaun had the beating of him all game! At least Pearson wasn't playing in his slippers.

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 05:45:17 PM »
Thanks for the pics. Excellent the way you have 'captured' SWD's goal. for those of us who weren't there makes it real :xmasdeer

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »
Pearson the worst player at Bootham Crescent this season?? It's good to know he is a York fan who has travelled to watch us but he was, along with your other defenders, superb yesterday. York were poor and you deserved to win. Several people I spoke to thought Pearson was impressive but not as good as your captain, he was awesome. As for us, our big game is at Bolton and their prices are very reasonable which means we will have a good following. Best of luck and we may see you next season, if we don't get promoted that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain Canoville played for us in the Football League and returned 18 months ago. He's been forced out to right-back mainly this season, due to the form of another centre-back, Kieran Murphy.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2010, 06:19:33 PM »
Thanks for the pics. Excellent the way you have 'captured' SWD's goal. for those of us who weren't there makes it real :xmasdeer

Sadly I cannot claim credit for those, good as they are!

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »
Here are the numbers for tomorrow's draw:

1. Wrexham
2. Eastwood Town or Rushden & Diamonds
3. Mansfield Town or Worksop Town
4. Droylsden
5. Altrincham or Curzon Ashton
6. Darlington or Tamworth
7. AFC Telford United
8. Chasetown or Kettering Town
9. Stalybridge Celtic
10. Boston United
11. Blyth Spartans or Fleetwood Town
12. Alfreton Town or Hyde
13. Worcester City
14. Grimsby Town
15. Guiseley
16. Gateshead or Southport
17. Dorchester Town
18. Bath City
19. Luton Town or Welling United
20. Eastleigh or Sutton United
21. Woking
22. Ashford Town (Middx)
23. Cirencester Town or Gloucester City
24. Eastbourne Borough
25. Ebbsfleet United
26. Cambridge United
27. Crawley Town or Dartford
28. Hampton & Richmond Borough
29. Uxbridge
30. Newport County or Wealdstone
31. AFC Wimbledon
32. Salisbury City

Any team there that you'd particularly like to see us play (or avoid)?

A home tie or away to somewhere in my part of the world (e.g. Woking or Salisbury) would suit me just fine. I'd personally like to avoid #27 (unless it's Dartford...) and anyone in our league, which would be a bit boring.

One that also caught my eye is #30 - a potential FA Trophy re-match with Wealdstone!