Author Topic: MIDFIELD?  (Read 6633 times)

CRANWELL PILGRIM

• View Profile
MIDFIELD?
« on: July 22, 2009, 03:47:23 PM »
All this talk about keepers and strikers. What about midfield?????

Liam can obviously play there in a holding role but Milly is obviously still out and Kirk doubtful. That just leaves Cammy now we have let the other trialist go.

I know we have not needed a midfield in recent years but thought we were going to play a bit this year.

What is the secrecy about "trialist". We all know it is Danny Sleath. Looked good so far. Lets get him signed up.

Upward and onwards. ;)

danboston

• Olè Pilgrims olè!
    • View Profile
Re: MIDFIELD?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »
I was thinking the same..now we are ok in defence and attack,and we haven't enough players for the midfield... I thought that at least one of the trialists would have signed but they've all been released except Suarez  ::)

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 08:48:29 PM »
Maybe they have other/better options available, as pre season progresses then players start to get desperate, I am sure they have plenty of irons in the fire

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 09:16:53 PM »
Somebody on here said that Danny Sleath signed after the Lincoln game, could be like the Canners saga where he signed but it took a while for it to be officially announced for whatever reason. Even if he has signed we still need a right winger and possibly a left winger if Kirk doesn't end up here. I would say we also need another GK, another striker, a left back and another centre mid - somebody who can get goals...so still a lot of work/players to get in.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 12:29:27 AM »
the management said early doors they were looking at 18 senior players for first team squad and as we now have,12 is it?,theres still at least 6 more signings to come in and the way they have been working of late it wont be long befor we get em.i myself i would like to see a big imposing central midfielder come in
"till saturday comes"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 12:39:00 AM »
Sleath has signed
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

danboston

• Olè Pilgrims olè!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 07:08:03 AM »
How do you rate Sleath?

Anyway..now we need at least another midfielder,or 2 ( I don't know if Millson is recovering well from injury...do you have any news? ).

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 02:25:27 PM »
I thought Sleath was excellent v Lincoln. He and Camm were everywhere in the middle, a real high energy performance. Again at Town in the first half he was class. Couldn't get last night so can't comment.
As regards the other midfielders I wasn't surprised that Askham hasn't been signed. He's a very talented lad, as you can see from the YouTube clips, and had a decent performance against Lincoln but against Town he didn't seem to have any sense of position and defensively he might as well not have been there. Not the type of player that H&S seem to be looking for. I think Kennedy on he other hand seems to fit the bill and has got to be worth a shout. Unless that is they have better up there sleeves?
What was Weedon like?     

pilgrimfan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »
i believe church from ilkeston is soon to be signed

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »

Quite liking this swap we are doing with Ilkeston of sides from last year. They did alright and we didn't so surely we're onto a winner
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 07:27:14 PM »

Quite liking this swap we are doing with Ilkeston of sides from last year. They did alright and we didn't so surely we're onto a winner

So let me get this right in my head - we are the new ilkeston, stamford are the new boston, and holbeach or the new spalding?!?!

When you sign one player in this leave is it stipulated that you have to sign all his car share buddies too?