Author Topic: O/T Petrol and diesel.  (Read 6190 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
O/T Petrol and diesel.
« on: December 03, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »
Both are in short supply in town. Managed to get some down Sleaford Rd, but some pumps were already empty. None at all at Asda. Was speaking to a chap there who had been to 5 petrol stations for diesel and was filling up with his emergency supply.  :o

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
Re: O/T Petrol and diesel.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:18:08 PM »
Both are in short supply in town. Managed to get some down Sleaford Rd, but some pumps were already empty. None at all at Asda. Was speaking to a chap there who had been to 5 petrol stations for diesel and was filling up with his emergency supply.  :o

The main routes from the refineries on the humber bank to Boston, Caistor high street, have been torturous all week for cars let alone fuel lorries. Hopefully this improves  next week!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 08:47:18 PM »

It isn't just fuel that is in short supply.

A couple of nights ago I needed to buy some milk on the way home from work. The first two supermarkets I went in both had empty shelves where the milk should have been. I asked one of the assistants if they'd moved the milk somewhere else, but was told that people had been "panic buying" it because of the weather!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 09:36:21 PM »
If people acted sensibly and stopped panic buying and filling the freezer with milk and bread and made sure they had enough fuel to get them where they need to be there wouldn't be shortages.Why do you need a full tank when your car will be stuck on the drive anyway?
I went into Iceland at lunch time and people were buying milk and bread by the trolley load,I heard one chap say to the till operator he would be back for more tomorrow as he couldn't carry any more  ::)

Years ago when there were no supermarkets and snow fell like this,everyone managed but while you have the news programmes showing people making sure neighbours have bread and milk and saying stock up and also telling you to make sure your tank is full of petrol in case you go out and get stuck then I am afraid empty shelves and pumps will be the norm..

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 08:25:10 AM »
People are idiots.

Misanthropy works.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 09:28:34 AM »
I don't think it was a case of panic buying, there just haven't been any deliveries, especially from Immingham, because of roads being closed.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 10:01:51 AM »
Milk and eggs on the doorstep as normal this morning.

Snow, rain or shine.  Support your milkman!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »
Anyone found any petrol this morning?
The wife's car is nearly empty  :-[

Bartmac

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 04:27:02 PM »
Son-in-law works for a firm in Spalding as a gate security guard, said they had a delivery lorry (not fuel) from Grimsby arrive yesterday and the driver said he had no problem getting through!!!

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »
Judging by queues backing up from the Co-op on Eastwood Road this morning I guess they must have had a delivery of fuel.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »
Judging by queues backing up from the Co-op on Eastwood Road this morning I guess they must have had a delivery of fuel.

So they queue up and waste more fuel,where if they had waited a few days they could have filled up for maybe £6 instead of the £12 it cost them cos they sat there with the engine running,sometimes I think common sense has departed some people.

Remember a few years back when we had the fuel strike and you were allowed £10 only at a garage?? I was filling up at Tesco and one chap got a severe ticking off for putting £20 in his tank (why they never cut the supply to him I don't know) and another chap said he had been to three different garages putting £10 in each time  ::) .. With people like these there is no wonder we have shortages...

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
Doesn't help when you are self employed and have to do 40k+ miles to earn a living wazzock.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 08:30:52 PM »
Doesn't help when you are self employed and have to do 40k+ miles to earn a living wazzock.

Not getting at those who depend on it for work purposes mate,just those who have 3/4 of a tank and decide too queue to fill up cos they heard it is in short supply when they only use the car once a week to pop to the shops..

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 08:47:08 PM »
Midway garage was empty, John Adams Way garage has been dug up  :o  and I was down to 13 miles worth of petrol. I would've burnt that off by the time I got to Asda/Shell so decided to go home and siphon the lawnmower...luckily there's enough diesel in my car to get me to work tomorrow, the missus will have to get a taxi  ;D

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 09:38:46 AM »
Was it ok for me to get £20 s worth, my orange warning light had been on for some time ?