Author Topic: Pitch inspection due, but chances of Pilgrims' game going ahead are minimal  (Read 1193 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Pilgrims joint manager Paul Hurst said that even if the pitch was playable, his squad could have serious trouble travelling to the match.

"I live in Sheffield and can't even get my car off the drive," said Hurst.

"A lot of our players live this way and I think many of them are going to struggle to catch the coach. And even if they do it might be difficult for the coach to get to Worcester."

Boston's last match was 2-1 victory over Gainsborough Trinity in the FA Trophy on November 20, with the home matches against Redditch on Saturday and Hinckley on Tuesday called off.

The squad have also been unable to train this week.

"We haven't been able to meet up for training," said Hurst.

"In previous situations like this the players can go to the gym or go for a run, but it is so bad I think most of them will even have struggled to do that.

"But we are not the only club suffering, most clubs will not have been able to train.

"The one positive from this enforced break is that we now have a fully fit squad.

"James McKeown, Danny Davidson and Shaun Pearson, who all missed the Gainsborough game, should be fit again.

"We're going to have a very busy period over Christmas and January where we will need to utilise the whole playing squad."