Author Topic: Mansfield  (Read 3775 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Mansfield
« on: December 02, 2010, 07:12:42 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-11899045

A Nottinghamshire football club has been locked out of its ground by the stadium's owners in a row over rent.

Blue Square Bet Premier side Mansfield Town and ground owner Stags Limited have been at loggerheads for months.

A statement from the bailiffs acting for Stags Limited said it had changed the locks and terminated the club's lease on the stadium.

Club owner John Radford said attempts were being made to repossess the stadium but would not comment further.

A statement from Burlington Enforcement said: "The club has failed to pay the rent that fell due under the lease in September and October 2010."

Stags Limited has signalled its willingness to continue talks about the sale of the stadium. ??? ???
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mansfield
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »
Glapwell play there as well... do they lease or sub-lease?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 08:04:26 PM »

I understand that Glapwell have moved back to their former ground at "Hall Corner" for the time being.

From today's non-league paper, Alfreton are in discussions with Mansfield, with a view to allowing Mansfield to fulfill their fixtures at North Street. Anything that saves a club from going out of business is positive, but I've got my doubts around Alfreton's ability to host larger crowds. Quite frankly, the view I had of the first half at Alfreton earlier this season was the worst I've ever had at any football ground. Put one of the better supported Conference sides in that ground and I think there'd be real problems.

There's one common sense solution to all of this that nobody seems to have mentioned. Why don't Mansfield adopt Ilkeston's ground as their own for the time being? Geographically they're not a million miles from each other. Ilkeston's ground isn't being used at the moment and I'm sure any rent paid by Mansfield would come in very useful to Ilkeston as and when they look to get a new club off the ground.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:26:33 PM »
Any rent paid for the use of Ilkeston's ground, wouldn't go to the new Ilkeston as they don't own it. I believe they have looked at the possibilty, but the Alfreton chairman came forward to offer his help.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 08:38:52 PM »
I could be wrong but ilkeston ground is still been used for football development. such as kids etc

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 01:54:30 PM »
I could be wrong but ilkeston ground is still been used for football development. such as kids etc

The Ilson Academy side is playing friendlies at the New Manor Ground.

However, on Saturday look what a series of events has thrown up. Two teams who have both been locked out of their grounds playing each other at a ground that has no team! i.e. Worksop v Mansfield at Ilson.

I know you could argue there is a team at Ilson i.e. the Academy side, but I think you get the point!

The game is being played at Ilson as the police did not want the game played at Cannon Park, they were insisting it was switched to Field Mill. Then the Stags were locked out of Field Mill …….

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 02:04:56 PM »
What a mess
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 05:48:37 PM »
Creepy are letting fans in free at their next home league game as a "thank you" for their loyal support. Money to burn obviously. The opposition? Mansfield.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 08:08:21 PM »
Creepy are letting fans in free at their next home league game as a "thank you" for their loyal support. Money to burn obviously. The opposition? Mansfield.

It will end with there heads in there hands

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 08:17:43 AM »
for their loyal support.

Eh? No fecker turns up week in week out so no fecker gets a free game.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.