Author Topic: New Striker  (Read 16645 times)

sparks

• View Profile
New Striker
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:07:22 PM »

8) ...................
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Striker
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:27:51 PM »
go on giz a clue  ;)

walrus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:35:36 PM »
Mikel Suarez the lad who scored on sat. ;)

Boo

• View Profile

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:40:22 PM »
personally i think that askham lad did'nt look bad

oh well im sure we will get the pieces of the jig-saw together

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 05:12:42 AM »
 thought suarez was worth another look personally didnt think askham did much on saturday

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 08:09:58 AM »
I am pleased about Suarez, but am a little disappointed to read that Alex Beck has been allowed to look for another club. 

Alright he never set the world alight (apart from when he came on as sub against Mansfield), but surely he deserved a bit more of a chance?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 08:35:22 AM »
I am pleased about Suarez, but am a little disappointed to read that Alex Beck has been allowed to look for another club. 

Alright he never set the world alight (apart from when he came on as sub against Mansfield), but surely he deserved a bit more of a chance?

He had quite a few chances but a return of zero goals in 17 first team appearances last season just isn't good enough for a striker.

He couldn't even score against Town on Saturday despite having two straightforward opportunities.  :(

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »
What is the situation with the youths this year, will there be another crop waiting in the wings for any chances like Griffiths, Jackson etc had last year.

The youth set up hs clearly done ok if it has moved players up the tree as we did last year with Griffiths and Woods moving up a division.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 09:06:07 AM »

He had quite a few chances but a return of zero goals in 17 first team appearances last season just isn't good enough for a striker.

He couldn't even score against Town on Saturday despite having two straightforward opportunities.  :(

Far be it from me to disagree with Mr Fox, but how many of those 17 appearance were for 5 or 10 minutes as sub?  Also remember none of our other more experienced (and more highly paid) strikers were finding the back of the net either!  Plus he's only 18 years old.  Surely worth being given a little bit longer to show what he can do?

On the plus side, I though Suarez looked excellent on Saturday and am pleased he has signed up.  He had a good touch for a big man and won most of the headers he went for. On the negative, I also said positive things about Liam Green (who played for the same team as Suarez) when he first signed, so with that in mind I'm remaining impartial!

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 09:11:43 AM »
So far the only good thing people have to say about Beck is his age!  He did have ample chances to show how good he is (or glimmers of how good he could be) and the managers want to spend the budget elsewhere.

Remember every player has to be worth the money no matter how little we may or may not offer.

Good luck to him and thanks

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »
Well for a start perhaps we all need to take a look at ourselves in the mirror.We're not exactly the most patient bunch of fans are we??.My point is,whilst in theory I,like others,would love to see young local talent coming through,how patient would we be until they came to maturity.Another 2/3 seasons of struggle?.Some weren't very patient with Nick Jackson last season were they?If we're truthful with ourselves we want improvment now-not somewhere down the line,even IF the likes of Alex Beck came good.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 10:32:09 AM »
Im not sure about becks but he did get a few starts last year and i remember him comming on at half time in 5 or 6 games as well as a handfull of games comming on in the last -20 to 30 min.

shame about nathen as he looked to do okay for us,

stricker is a good sighning, hight had plenty of movment about him and looked a good bet

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 11:10:18 AM »
Fancy name too, thats always a bonus when your the one to bang the goals in.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 12:39:49 PM »
maybe Notts 'Arabesque' County will be in with a big bid 4 him (big Miquel) after a few months..!
   fT