Author Topic: SNOW FALLING YET  (Read 8054 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: SNOW FALLING YET
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 07:43:10 AM »
In far-away Perth, Western Australia we have a different problem - the heat! An expected high today of 35C and a low of 18C. Last night the air-conditioning was on all night!

It's horrid when you have to sit under a sunshade whilst eating and having a beer outside. It must be dreadful when you have to wear shorts and tee-shirts all the time.  I'd much sooner be here in the freezing cold of winter, sat inside with the heating on. Then when you leave the house having to put hat, coat, scarf on. Scraping the ice off the car windows before you can go anywhere.  ;)

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 07:34:42 AM »
Likewise Rocking Rev, our winter temperature has plummeted to 30'C with an overnight low of 19'C, its tough to cope with temperatures like these; breakfast outside; lunch it the shade; windows open in the office ..... sacrifices us expats have to make when leaving home .....  :bunny

Rocking Rev

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 11:32:23 AM »
The sacrifices go on with a high today of 37C I was unable to have the roof down on the convertable for fear of burning and blistering! It's just not cricket!

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 11:43:01 AM »
wish it was sunny and hot here. drove back up to york yesterday from boston and the last mile took 45 mins in 4 inches of snow.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:07 AM »
The sacrifices go on with a high today of 37C I was unable to have the roof down on the convertable for fear of burning and blistering! It's just not cricket!
Please stop now Rev or i may have to resort to some very un-Christian language. ;D

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 11:45:15 AM »
Does anyone else not think the club should invest in some pitch covers ? It seems crazy to me that we haven't used/got covers to protect the pitch. I doubt tomorrows game will go ahead with this fresh snow. Just think how much the clubs revenue is going to be down this month after cancelling two home games.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »
We have got covers - I'm sure they've been used before. I think once snow falls, you shouldn't then cover it as it will turn to mush and ice up.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bartmac

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 01:45:42 PM »
We have got covers - I'm sure they've been used before. I think once snow falls, you shouldn't then cover it as it will turn to mush and ice up.

Knowing snow was forcast couldn't the covers have been laid first?  I know then that we would have the problem of shifting the snow and dumping it somewhere safe, but it's been done before.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 02:52:46 PM »
Covers are no good if the temperature is below freezing! You need under ground heating! There's only one non league club with this!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 04:35:54 PM »
Darlington? And they cannot afford to turn it on...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 04:45:17 PM »
Could do with some on my cold kitchen floor ..

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 01:47:10 PM »
And to think, my assistant had a sweat top on last night at one of our events as she complained of being cold .... shorts and T shirt was enough for the rest of us, but as the winter nights draw in we might have to get the track tops out too ... ::)