Author Topic: SANTA FUN RUN CANCELLED  (Read 3831 times)

cookie

• View Profile
SANTA FUN RUN CANCELLED
« on: November 18, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »
Entries for the Santa Fun Run 2010 — kindly sponsored by Ramsay Healthcare — are being invited, with entry forms now available from The Jakemans Stadium.
This years walk, jog, run! takes place on Sunday 12th December at 11am ....we had over 150 take part last year, let's beat that this year and raise the club some money. If you raise over £50 it doesn't cost you a penny!Entry flyers and sponsorship forms will be available to download on bufc.co.uk in the next 24 hours.
Telephone entries can be submitted by calling (01205) 363264 :)
P.S. You can also enter and raise for your own club/charity!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Come on ....a lunchtime stroll and earn some money for United!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:35:03 PM »
If you're not quite energetic enough you can always sponsor me rather than run it yourself.  8)

I've been out injured since August with plantar faciitis, so I'm not in best form at the moment, but as long as I get round this Sunday's Leeds Abbey Dash 10km run OK I'll be entering the Santa Fun Run as usual. Once again I'm planning to try and raise some money for Cancer Research UK as well as the club and I'll be hoping to get the 007 number once more so I can race as a festive James Bond.  ;D

If you are thinking of running, not only is it a great, fun event, but you also have a very good chance of beating me this year and gaining bragging rights for the next year.  ;)

If all goes well on Sunday, I'll set up a Justgiving page so you can all sponsor me online.

chalker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 09:47:38 AM »
Entries still being invited for this year's Santa Fun Run next Sunday (December 12).

Full details...

http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/3317768/Santa-Fun-Run-2010

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 11:31:15 AM »
What's the closing date for entries? Will they still be accepted on the day?

I might give it a miss this year as it's looking difficult to get to Boston from Leeds after the York game - especially if the weather doesn't improve.  :(

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »
It's been called off due to ice on the course.  :(

http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/3325526/Santa-Fun-Run-cancelled

You'd expect Santas to be able to cope with a bit of ice.  ;D

Sensible decision - it's no fun running on ice and there would have been lots of injuries if runners slipped and fell on the hard surface. I'll just have to wait another year to become the Fastest Santa in Boston.  ;)

:santa  :xmashat  :santa  :xmashat  :santa
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:50:28 PM by Ken Fox »

cookie

• View Profile
SANTA FUN RUN CANCELLED
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 05:14:22 PM »
Boston United have reluctantly cancelled Sunday’s scheduled Santa Fun Run.

Club officials walked the course on Monday and approximately half of the pavements designated for the run — plus Central Park — are frozen solid and unsafe for runners.

With the weather forecast showing sub-zero temperatures for much of the reminder of the week, the decision has been reached to cancel the 2010 festive fundraiser.

United commercial manager and event organiser Craig Singleton told bufc.co.uk: “It is unfortunate that this decision has been reached, but the safety of competitors is paramount and that cannot be guaranteed due to the recent adverse weather conditions.

“We would like to thank everybody who had registered to run and hope they understand the situation we find ourselves in.”

All registered runners will be offered a full refund — upon the return of their Santa Suits.

Please call (01205) 364406 for further details.

threenil

• View Profile
Re: SANTA FUN RUN CANCELLED
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 11:10:58 PM »
I'll cancel my training then.