Author Topic: Dig at the fans  (Read 14128 times)

cambocakes

• View Profile
Dig at the fans
« on: November 13, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »
Once again comments about the fans are being made before and after a game,altho todays pre interview was tues post interview.Im finding these little digs uncomfortable and unecessary.Boston fans have been spoilt recently apparently....altho the recent record of clean sheets has been remarkable.In RECENT history Bostons fans have been thro the mill and i resent these soundbites cos in the long term we havent  been spoilt.Other remarks about fans making comments and moaning about it being quiet at home games is disappointing to hear from the two managers.Leave the fans alone and  rise above those miniority who give a bit of lip.The team,club are on the up lets not spoil it.Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dig at the fans
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »
Having been a admirer of H&S from day one I can understand Robs fustration . Now he.s made his point which 98% of the fans agree with I think he should ignore the moaners and carry on with the job of taking us to promotion again as most fans think H & S will this season.  Having stood on football terraces for 60 years I can assure Rob and Paul that when they move to a higher profile club as they surely will they will still find idiots who will shout abuse at them . its part and parcel of the job sadly.      If its any comfort managers get paid , the 98% of fans like myself have to pay admission and have to put up with these people.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 08:40:07 PM »
I dont want to poo poo how things are going at the moment cos IMHO the professionalism at the club is first rate.But once you start having a go at the fans its a slippery slope.Im not talking a one off remark here.At first it was ROB a couple of times and then PAUL  started the other evening.These two managers are brilliant and perfectionists and i think a bit more credit and appreciation wouldnt go a miss.Corby game is a superb example how fans are away and at home, at any level!!!!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:26:39 PM »
Someone text me the gist of what Rob said and whilst I agree to a degree am a little disappointed tbh.

As GHM has said with their ambition to manage at a higher level if they let the few moaning prats at Boston affect them I'm not sure how they'll deal with the much more demanding fans of bigger clubs. They really need to learn to ignore the few idiots who either have no idea what's happening at the club or who just like a good old moan no matter what.

The second point is they have spoken about fans expecting too much, I seem to remember at the start of the season us fans talking of consolidating this season and them saying it was unambitious. So to a degree they have created some of the expectation.

Not criticizing the managers as they have done a fantastic job, I hope they can now draw a line under all this as these latest couple of comments are not the first time it's been mentioned. 

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »
Paul Hurst made a point of applauding the fans today after the match.  No question in my mind that our support is appreciated by the managers.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 09:37:50 PM »
Suffice to say....being called a bunch of mutes does not bode well in my book....

Bob Lee

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 10:26:46 PM »
I have supported United for nearly 50 years, in that time I have heard those so called fans moan and moan and moan.

It happened in the early 70's when in my opinion we had the best team to wear an amber shirt.

I am Boston bred but I can tell you it is part of this town's make up.  Moan moan and moan again.

I remember in the early 70's we had a player called Alec or Alex Gibson.  On one occasion he was having a right minger of a game.  This guy in the old Spayne Road stand was giving him some right grief all through the match.  " Gibson you're useless "  " Gibson you lazy bugger " he went on and on.

Gibson picked the ball up in his own half, dribbled past three players and planted the ball in the top corner.  He then ran to the half way line and grabbed the moaning bastard's cap and jumped up and down on it.

I stand in nearly the same spot and one person with a VERY BIG MOUTH stands not far away.  He never stops moaning and he aint a old guy.  You can hear him above everyone else, and it does get to the players.

I say get behind them and out shout the moaners.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 10:39:55 PM »
I fully agree with H&S, these "fans" are idiots, promotion last year from nothing, and then top-of-the-table going into this game. Yes I know we lost 4-0 but its a minor blip in our season. Sad thing is these people have been around from day 1 sniping and moaning.

H&S should know by now that 98% of our fanbase are fully behind them and appreciate everything theyve done for BUFC. Without them we might still be languishing in the lower reaches of the UniDump, so I hope these people think about that before slagging them off.

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 10:57:27 PM »
The video on the Official Site has RS having a go at some "senior citizens" for shouting abuse at the dug-out about players.  I was on the other side of the pitch and didn't see this, what actually happened?  If what he says is accurate then these people should be ashamed.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 11:13:48 PM »
I Have to admit about been on the ropes regarding DD but that is my opion, One thing i dont do is shout and abuse the right of free speach, I certainally dont doubt the fact that each player gives 110% On and of the feild.

Some times you can give 110% and fight like hell but at times the fighting dont go well and today was one of those days, Strange thing is i have to agree with rob about the age aswell.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 05:45:53 AM »
The fans, moaners or not pay people's wagers. The number of fans turning out to support the team week in, week out is fantastic at this level.
The management team need to rise above the vocal minority of moaners in the Fantasy Stand and get on with their job - a large portion of which is moaning at the officials - mmmmm interesting one that, go figure.

Moaners are part of football as the managers well know, and having a go at the fans, is biting off the hand that feeds them.
The York Street crowd has never been that vocal, in the thirty years or more that I have seen, and yes more singing would be great, but it is what it is.

In terms of expectations, the management team themselves have been the ones to raise the bar and now the fans have raised their expectations accordingly, realistic ambition is what we all should be striving for.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 07:59:05 AM »
Rob, if you read this post, just tell them to f##k off!!
I used to sit in the main stand but it got to expensive, so i now stand on the Spain lane side. The main stand was a tad quiet i must say but bloddy hell the moaning bastards in the Spain road stand is unbelievable!!
Like Rob says on the clip, we're a NP football team, not a league 2 team. These lads either work or are at Uni, they train twice a week and are not full time. Anyone not happy with things, put some money in the club to get 'better' players. On the other hand they could go and watch Lincoln and have a proper moan!!!  :)

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Seenbetter

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »
End of last season at Marine there was a pensioner, well into his seventies, who needed serious counselling. I have never heared anyone give out the language and abuse that he was throwing at our side. People around us thought he was heading for a heart attack. If thats the sort of 'supporter' Scott is referring to then I'm surprised Scott is still here. What the hell do these folks want. I said last week Alfreton most likely to win league and us in the play offs. The players give their all. Sometimes they don't achieve what we want but they do try. Scott was spot on with his comments. As others on here have said 98% of supporters are happy enough with things in general. We all have our oppinions and sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. Anyway, roll on Gainsborough. Tip- if the old farts want to release their frustrations at someone, try the ref. It works for me.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »
I'm 100% behind Rob Scott and his comments.Some people seem to have quickly forgotten how far we have come in the last 16 to 18 months and need to get a grip on reality.Nobody likes to lose,but thats our first league defeat since August.We've got the most honest bunch of players we've had in a long time,who give everything.There is no excuse for these idiots.It's never right to single out individuals for abuse-whatever the disappointment of the result.

Bartmac

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »
Boston fans have never been very vocal, even in the 60s the "fans" who went to watch the big Stars at the Gliderdrome were notorious for their silence :)