Author Topic: Dig at the fans  (Read 14165 times)

Gus

• View Profile
Re: Dig at the fans
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »
Totally agree with you Janby.  I sit behind him at home games and he is always having a go at any player who is having a bad game.

'Get him off, get him off' is his battle cry.

If he's not happy then why come??

However, I understand that the other two moaners are BUSA travellers.

Can any action be taken?

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 01:00:27 PM »
I went on Saturday and it was just one of those days when nothing went right. Their first goal was worthy of breaking our amazing defensive record, and Droyslden done seemed to gain in confidence, they looked a very useful side. We looked tired and didn't really get going and ended up soundly beaten, but it happens in football. What made a bad day even worse was when a couple of"Farmer Dan, angry old man" :dan :dan types decide to berate our team and managers. What one was saying was utter rubbish, even Andy Townsend displayed more footballing insight in his tactics truck!  I enjoy away games as the support is always great but one or two seemed to have escaped from their strait-jackets  on Saturday. I think we should help boost/ double Gainsborough's support on Saturday and put them in the away end so they can slag their own team off to a more appreciative audience  :dan

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »
A player doesn't even have to have a bad game - it only takes one mistake for some idiot to start having a go.

The idiots don't seem to realise how this can affect the players.  With such a young team, if things aren't going quite right on the pitch, they need encouragement, not abuse.

Dave H - I agree that Saturday was one of those days.  On another day we could have had 3 or 4 ourselves - their keeper made two great saves in the first half from Shaun and SWD.  The keeper admitted that he gave Telford a couple in their last game after their long trip back from Havant, but unfortunately he was back on form on Saturday!

YellowHills

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »
I haven't been able to get to many games this season but even so, I think this abuse is completely unneccesary. We're flying high in the league this season, much higher than I think we honestly expected. Fair enough, if the players aren't giving the effort and don't care for the shirt then give them hell, but from what I've seen/heard, they're giving 100% every week.

I'm worried if it continues then Paul and Rob are just going to think 'balls to this, we'll go somewhere where the fans aren't complete numpties'

Saying that, moaning fans are a problem at every club  :D

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »
Let's face it, we could be winning every game 5-0 and there would still be at least one person moaning.

I can remember when we were 4-0 up at half-time at home to Durham and someone stood near me said that it wasn't good enough. He seemed very happy at the end of the game though.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 03:58:40 PM »
These moaners know before they attend the game that they are going to watch a BSN game and should judge the standard of football accordingly .  If they are spending money on travel and admission to matches every week and expecting to see top class players at this level it tells us everything about their football knowledge.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 04:05:44 PM »
My original start to this topic wasnt really meant about the grumpy gramps,who they are why they are and when they are wherever they are!!!I sit in fantasy stand and i tell you some of them wouldnt be happy in paradise Im just so suprised at the managers current reactions,they are more than capable of ignoring these idiots.Its always the so few that spoil it for the majority.I sincerly hope that ROB and PAUL are big enough to dismiss these grumpy gramps for what they really are and see the bigger appreciative fantastic fan base we have at Boston Utd.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »
First of all let me say that I feel S and H are doing a first class job and I admire their approach and ability.
However the problem of old goats moaning isnt new as its been covered many times on here.
What is new is that its "got" to them!.
Surely as ex pro's they've been given flak in the past? (I'm in no way condoning idiots who slate the team while theyre playing).
I just cant understand why a couple of day release types have touched a nerve so. There is a couple near me who only make any noise when a player plays a pass that doesnt come off. I really dont unerstand it. You can imagine them telling their 5 yr olds that they are rubbish when they bring their first piece of "art" home from school! it is cofidence sapping.
Maybe the managers will get an oppurtunity to speak to Neil Thompson on Saturday about abuse. Not just a few old geezers for him but a tirade of offensive and wrongly aimed venom over a long period.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 06:14:13 PM »
I can only agree with what's been said above - we made mistakes on Saturday but the players never stopped trying, even when we were 3 and 4 nil down. We're not going to win every game...

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 07:49:39 AM »
i can remember last season when we managed to nick a draw against hucknall in the last minute, and as we do we all gatherd towards the tunnel to give them a clap etc

and right next to me was a some old bloke as S&H walked past shouting on top of his voice and point towards RS " BOOOOOOO, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE MANAGERS " RS looked at him gone-out considering he was the only within everyone near the tunnel

now that was a year ago and obviously theres been other things that have annoyed S&H and if im honest it would me aswell

some people should really think before they open there mouth, some would be the first to moan if we we're battling against relegation but yet when where at the top end of the table they still don't give any encouragement its a Lose-Lose situation in some ways

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 09:01:56 PM »
Does the quality of fan go with the league? Perhaps these morons are practising at Boston in the NPL hoping that they become astute enough to one day become Lincoln supporters in the big one.

Let's not loose sight of where we were a couple of years ago when we were concerned about having any football at all, get behind the lads, includiing the managers, and play our part in a resounding victory over Gainsborough. The key word is UNITED.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 04:59:31 PM »
Indeed. I've seen the lads over 20 times in 2010 and Saturday was my first defeat this year. We've got very little to complain about, whatever certain fans are saying.