Author Topic: Dig at the fans  (Read 14170 times)

Bob Lee

Re: Dig at the fans
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 11:16:54 AM »
Boston fans have never been very vocal, even in the 60s the "fans" who went to watch the big Stars at the Gliderdrome were notorious for their silence :)
  except the night Plonk Lane of the Small faces got a little involved with Boston Fans.  DUCK ;D

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 12:19:03 PM »
The reality is some people will always moan - the management did to get over it and focus elsewhere. The moaners
aren't going to change, everyone knows that.

Whatever the players do on the pitch it is never going to be enough for some, if people feel this strongly about the moaners, then the next time they start, drown them - sorry I meant drown them out with positive comments or singing.
If they are totally abusive then report them and have them kicked out......

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »
Yesterday was one of the few away games I have not been able to attend. I am no spring chicken myself but I could never bring myself to moan at our managers no matter the result of one game. I suspect I know who one off these moaners may be so I am not surprised for over the last few seasons he has always positioned himself near the dugout at away games and moaned no matter how the team has played. I recall at one away game a couple of years back he was having a pop at Tommy Taylor and Tommy said to us " What time has he to be back in the asylum"
Take the same view Rob and Paul and carry on your great work. I agree with many on here who have said there are moaners at any club it is the way of the footballing world.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 01:16:37 PM »
I am Boston bred but I can tell you it is part of this town's make up.  Moan moan and moan again.

Now years ago I'd have scoffed at that, but after so long away from Boston I agree.  It is part of the make up of so many people in the town. Certainly not all and certainly there are many very optimistic and positive individuals.

Makes me want to stand near the old moaning git and give him some stick and see how he likes it!

Bob Lee

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »
I was in management, and if a problem happened at the factory, my fellow townies would moan about the situation and go for a cup of tea, and then moan when the problem was solved and they had to go back to work.

Workers from away used to try and solve the problem and get on with it.

Mind you I found any worker from Lincoln lazy sods.

You cannot tar everyone with the same brush, but in my opinion us Boston supporters are a fickle lot.

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 03:54:37 PM »
This game is just a blip in what has so far been a very positive season; I wasn't there yesterday but it appears we were beaten by a better side.  As for the moaning that has obviously upset RS; I think he has the right to say what He's feeling; time and time again I've had to listen to people moaning and complaining about the team; yes we have the right to an opinion as we pay our entry price but to outright slag players off is not helping anyone.  I really can't understand and obide people that constantly moan; if it's that bad and you have nothing else to say; don't bother turning up as you really aren't a fan of this now again proud football club.  Rant over; now lets move forward and rebuild and concentrate on getting another postive run of performances together.  I have complete trust in what everyone is doing at Boston and long may that continue.  Up the Pilgrims!!!

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 04:59:09 PM »
having sat in the fantasy stand a few times it is a very depressing place to be when things aren`t going right and the old gits strike up,you can feel the life being sucked out of you......just an idea,why not move the dugouts to the other side of the pitch

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 06:13:42 PM »
I do hope the irony of using this thread to moan about the people who moan all the time isn't lost on anyone.

Bob Lee

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 07:24:49 PM »
I do hope the irony of using this thread to moan about the people who moan all the time isn't lost on anyone.

Quality :D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 07:32:45 PM »

Quality :D

Pmsl... top spotting

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 10:54:15 PM »
If this muppet goes on BUSA transport why not ban him,I am sure he won't use his own vehicle to away games to hurl abuse at the managers...

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »
As far as I am aware the main perpetrator does not or ever has travelled with BUSA, but knowing his profession he is not behaving in a credible manner and is badly letting himself down!!!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 09:09:42 AM »
Whilst I agree with most of what Rob said about the supporters I feel that those things should be said at fans forums not at after match analysis.Rise above it Rob most people realise things aren't going to go our way all the time and are right behind the pair of you.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bartmac

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 11:09:26 AM »
Boston fans have never been very vocal, even in the 60s the "fans" who went to watch the big Stars at the Gliderdrome were notorious for their silence :)
  except the night Plonk Lane of the Small faces got a little involved with Boston Fans.  DUCK ;D

I was there that night and remember it well, used to enjoy my Saturday nights "down the Glider", until we went one night in the 70s, stood at the back and could see over the top of everyone in there and realised we'd got too old for the place. :(