Author Topic: Pearson to Leicester?  (Read 8830 times)

BUFC_TC

• View Profile
Pearson to Leicester?
« on: November 11, 2010, 10:50:11 AM »
A reliable source has informed me that a Leicester City scout was present at the last 2 united games, with pearson in good form are we going to lose him? :( your thoughts?

:-\

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Pearson to Leicester?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 11:54:11 AM »
A reliable source has informed me that a Leicester City scout was present at the last 2 united games, with pearson in good form are we going to lose him? :( your thoughts?

:-\

I would be suprised if someone dosen't come in for him in January
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 12:23:08 PM »
Bit of a jump from BSN to the Championship! Can definitely see him playing league two though.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »
Would be surprised if he got in there ahead of Hobbs who is captain and played in the PL and Vitor who has played over 20 times for Benfica and Portugal U21s.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »
I would guess there are several scouts at our matches everyweek!They could be looking at several players other than Pearson ;)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 05:39:07 PM »
DD If we are lucky could be one, althou at the mo id guess it would be scouts from the ucl turning up

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 07:43:34 PM »
DD If we are lucky could be one, althou at the mo id guess it would be scouts from the ucl turning up

Whats the matter with you Bostonshire, you have often posted on here about fans moaning and groaning about different players, and here you are sniping at D D, I suppose you know the old saying, " Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit "  Danny is doing a good job for the team, he is not perfect we know that, but he has put in a good shift most matches I have seen him play in, If he were perfect he would not be playing in BSN, he would be a football league player, leave the lad alone,  I'm sure it will do his confidence a power of good by encouraging him, and not by hinting he should be playing  UCL football, If you had not noticed Boston United are top of the BSN league, DD as been instrumental in that process, non of our squad can be criticized, every player whatever league they are playing in, will have good matches, and not so good matches,  I say a well done to all of Boston  United players, for getting our team to the top of the league, We are proud of you all.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:00:20 PM by ceamboy »

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
Leicester's squad is a bit thin on the ground as far as defenders are concerned, with their numbers currently bolstered by Kyle Naughton on loan from Spurs and Curtis Davies on loan from Aston Villa. If those two players go back to their parent clubs at the end of the loan deals, they will be short on numbers in defence. If there's an area of the Leicester squad that needs strengthening, then the defence would be it.

Shaun has the ability to play at a higher level and, if the opportunity does come his way, then club can't really hold him back. When all is said and done though, there is a big step up between Blue Square North and the Championship. I doubt he'd get in their side straight away. That being the case and if he did go to (or should I say come to) Leicester, I wonder if we could negotiate a loan deal until the end of the season?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 08:03:12 PM »

Whats the matter with you Bostonshire, you have often posted on here about fans moaning and groaning about different players, and here you are sniping at D D, I suppose you know the old saying, " Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit "  Danny is doing a good job for the team, he is not perfect we know that, but he has put in a good shift most matches I have seen him play in, If he were perfect he would not be playing in BSN, he would be a football league player, leave the lad alone,  I'm sure it will do his confidence a power of good by encouraging him, and not by hinting he should be playing  UCL football, If you had not noticed Boston United are top of the BSN league, DD as been instrumental in that process, non of our sqad can be criticized, every player whatever league they are playing in, will have good matches, and not so good matches,  I say a well done to all of Boston  United players, for getting our team to the top of the league, We are proud of you all.

Very correct, im never normally one for singleing a player out but despite been one of the first to jump and defend DD most of the time im affraid to say the last couple of games i watched him and a few before he got injured i just feel for a big guy i dont get up, The first half on tuesday(sad i was counting) 19 Balls was pumped up towards him only 4 he won and one of them wasnt clean. It aint good odds

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 09:10:08 PM »
Heard the same last season about Pearson, but that time it was Derby. For me, and this isn't a slight at Shaun but there are light years distance between Championship and BSN.

The step up just to BSP is a big one. From there leagues 1 and 2 are much smaller steps but another big jump in standard between Championship and League 1. Just can't see Leicester taking the risk on unproven talent from this low tbh I'm sure there are players at L2/BSP who are already professional and would be less risky.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 09:24:09 PM »
Heard the same last season about Pearson, but that time it was Derby. For me, and this isn't a slight at Shaun but there are light years distance between Championship and BSN.

The step up just to BSP is a big one. From there leagues 1 and 2 are much smaller steps but another big jump in standard between Championship and League 1. Just can't see Leicester taking the risk on unproven talent from this low tbh I'm sure there are players at L2/BSP who are already professional and would be less risky.

Agree with nearly all that, our young players are at risk from being pinched to the professional game but I can only really see the likes of Luton, Grimsby, Cambridge, Mansfield in the BSP being big enough to tempt them away.  While we are part time I'd imagine most clubs will see it as a big risk to take them back to the pro game as most have only in the last few years dropped out of it from clubs like Mansfield, Grimsby, Rotherham.

If/When we go upthe Full-time/Part-time mix of teams will come into account.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 10:58:06 PM »
Might Leicester (and others) be watching McKeown?  He played at that level last year.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 11:02:02 PM »
Did he make a save?

Bartmac

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 11:25:56 AM »
A lot of clean sheets come down to the keeper performing well on the day.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 12:08:06 PM »
Concentration.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/