Author Topic: Crowds at York Street  (Read 4522 times)

Pride of Lincolnshire

Crowds at York Street
« on: November 10, 2010, 08:41:54 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/bbclincolnshiresport
Noticed on the BBC Lincs site PH has commented on the lack of noise and encouragement from the home fans. I personally always think we can improve our volume and encouragement as fans. We all have a role as fans to be the 12th man, whether it be more words of encouragement, singing that little bit louder etc. The players will respond to this I'm sure. What are peoples views on this ?

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Crowds at York Street
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:34:38 PM »
me myself i think it'd help if we shot towards townend  2nd half more because especially 2nd half when you find you need to grind a win out abit of encourgement can give the players that bit extra motivation, and in general is the only part of the ground that chant

and im not 1 of those who claim we need the townend to make noise because when teams like fcum come down im more than happy to stand anywhere else

but i also do think PH will mean that sometimes when we're not playing aswell as we can things go abit quiet a few moans can be heard etc, which to be honest there aint much to maon about if anything, we've had a good season last season, carried the form on this season lost 1 in the league at home in 2010 and bar the two 0-0 draws last week i can't see what people can moan about
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:38:10 PM by Big-Tom »

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 08:05:52 AM »
Can't argue with what Paul Hurst says about noise level. I think you can break down the ground into specific type of noise areas. The TownEnders are vocal, the Fantasy stand are foot stampers, clappers an has 1 or 2 loud moaners who can be heared by the management very clearly because everyone else around them is so quiet. There aren't that many in the York Street end so can't be heared and I can't imagine David, Neil or John singing bawdy songs out loud,  and the Spayne Road side only chant in unison when competing with the TownEnders. And me, well I will be the one in the brick proof shelter being built in the corner of the ground somewhere. It is a fact though that supporters only become vocal if we are scoring lots of goals OR when we are losing and are staging a last minute recovery to win the game. Perhaps the Boston support is more a group of intellectual match analisers than a mob. If there is somebody out there I haven't upset I'm sorry

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 10:03:13 AM »
Tuesday was a shit night low crowd and the football was not that brilliant so all in all a quiet night from fans and players alike. I watched the Manc derby last night and it was the same, sometimes the fans need the spark to come from the pitch.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 10:16:39 AM »
Also the ref had a good game, when you have a shocker of a ref with a couple of diabolical decisions, thats what seems to really get the crowd going and livens it up a bit!

I think we had that same ref at the beginning of the season and he was good then.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 10:59:34 AM »
Had the SWD chance in the first minute gone in, it would have been different. Something is needed to spark a crowd into life - whether it's a flashpoint or a goal.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »
Home crowds in general are a lot quieter than away. Take Corby for example didn't get a peep out of them at their place but where really rowdy Tuesday. Boston are no different the backing is much better away from YS.

Agree with Hurst though last night did seem a strangely subdued affair. The Town End where very quiet (that's not a dig btw), even the moaners around me in the Fantasy Island Stand weren't moaning as much  :o

Despite sitting amongst the moaners I always shout encouragement whether the players can hear it or not is another thing.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 09:09:39 PM »
I think we have to accept that the weather had a major part in it, people wasnt really in that sort of mood

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 09:25:52 PM »
Take Corby for example didn't get a peep out of them at their place but where really rowdy Tuesday.

Rowdy..... or Drunk  :-\
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »
Take Corby for example didn't get a peep out of them at their place but where really rowdy Tuesday.

Rowdy..... or Drunk  :-\

I think the latter,a few were stopped near the Spain Road entrance and were made to dispose of their cans by a Steward,I heard one fan say ok mate but we will go in the club house and top up so you ain't won.. They were well on the way to being pissed at that was at ten to 7..

Rocking Rev

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 02:19:39 PM »
The Rocking Rev intends to come home for at least a couple of weeks in August 2011 when, hopefully, we will be back in the Conference Premier. A home match against Crawley Town would be good - now that would be interesting! I remember winding-up Gary Hill at the game against Hornchurch in the FA Cup which brought a tirade of abuse, all very subtle on my part andW I failed to receive a Christmas card that year! Whatever!