Author Topic: Todays Game  (Read 3476 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Todays Game
« on: November 06, 2010, 04:55:37 PM »
Finished 0-0

Just one thought to add.

while on united live reading the comments, why do a small amount of people still think that Boston have a god given right to win these games?

We are where we are becouse thats how good we are. Plenty of them teams are just as good if not as good as us. THATS WHY WE ARE AND THEY ARE IN THAT LEAGUE.

optimist

• View Profile
Re: Todays Game
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 05:08:01 PM »
Have to agree with that had a fantastic start to the season got 2 good points against guisley and blyth

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 08:41:40 PM »
A few pics, more to follow when I finally get home!

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:44:34 PM by Ken Fox »

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 11:15:21 PM »
More pics:

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »
I will put my hands up to being one of those that expects us to be winning games like that one on Saturday. And if you read Rob Scotts comments about Saturdays game I think I'm in good company. Go and tell him he should be satisfied with the result, I think he would say to you it's what is known as ambition, passion and hunger. Maybe your right, perhaps we should not expect to win those games and be satisfied with our 'lot'. At least drawing a game is better than losing, I agree with that, but it's not half as good as winning.
Anyway we are all entitled to our oppinion and mine just happens to be that we can't afford to draw many games because Alfreton and Guiseley I'm sure expect to win all of theirs.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 05:38:02 PM »
I will put my hands up to being one of those that expects us to be winning games like that one on Saturday. And if you read Rob Scotts comments about Saturdays game I think I'm in good company. Go and tell him he should be satisfied with the result, I think he would say to you it's what is known as ambition, passion and hunger. Maybe your right, perhaps we should not expect to win those games and be satisfied with our 'lot'. At least drawing a game is better than losing, I agree with that, but it's not half as good as winning.
Anyway we are all entitled to our oppinion and mine just happens to be that we can't afford to draw many games because Alfreton and Guiseley I'm sure expect to win all of theirs.

Verry true, winning is better than drawing. but my comment is more aimed at a small few people that still think becouse we have a big club we should be walking these teams 3 or 4 nil without losing a game all season and not those that want a win

Seenbetter

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 08:14:31 AM »
I think your right right B. Gone are the days when we could expect high scoring games. There may be a few more to be had but not many. And yes we are a big club by virtue of the support it gets but the budget must be controlled. We don't know the full running costs of the club are but it would be interesting to compare it with others who only get about 300 turn up as opposed to our 1500 and still put players on the pitch of equal ability to ours.
I'm not complaining about the money side of things because I would rather the clubs foundations be made of stone and not sand (something biblical there).
Anyway, onwards and upwards. Will be there tonight if only to ease the withdrawal symptoms of not seeing a home game for a while.