Author Topic: Miles Hunter  (Read 7909 times)

Pride of Lincolnshire

Miles Hunter
« on: November 08, 2010, 03:36:11 PM »
Am I the only one puzzled by Miles Hunters lack of game time. He could be part of the solution to our goal drought in that he runs at defenders and causes them problems. I'm not saying give the lad a whole 90 mins, but just start him for once. Surely he deserves more than the 5 - 10 mins at the end of every game.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Miles Hunter
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:34:39 PM »
I for one would like to see a bit more of Miles Hunter, dont think he has been given much chance to prove himself, he has alot of pace which some of these big bad defenders in this league will hate!

Im sure given a bit of game time he will find the net.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »
Please don't let Miles Hunter turn into the next Lee Thompson, Jamie Clarke, Ollie Ryan (at the Chimps.)

Let the managers do their job.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 10:52:36 PM »
Let's hope he doesn't turn out like DM!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 10:08:22 PM »
He would make a supersub!

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 10:19:20 PM »
Miles completely changed the game tonight and was every bit as dangerous as I thought he could be. Just what we need, a forward who runs at defenders, skillful on the ball and has a decent shot. Hate to say I told you so  ;) Maybe now he might actually start in a game.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 10:23:12 PM »
Miles completely changed the game tonight and was every bit as dangerous as I thought he could be. Just what we need, a forward who runs at defenders, skillful on the ball and has a decent shot. Hate to say I told you so  ;) Maybe now he might actually start in a game.

Agree, he as a impact on the team, does anyone else agree that semple was so poor tonight then looked is best again once miles came on

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 10:40:53 PM »
Should Miles start? - perhaps

But at least let us see him get 25 - 30 mins a game rather than the 5 we have seen recentley (tonight excluded).

airsbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 10:48:02 PM »
I agree, semple definately went up a gear once miles came on. Thought we were pretty poor tonight to be honest. DD didn't look like he was up for it. Newsh looked good and Pearson was his usual solid self. Others looked a little off the boil - church n canners particularly. Maybe being too critical coz we got the result we wanted.
Would like to see Hunter and SWD starting up top on Saturday but doubt they both will - should think RS and PH will go with one of the big men and on tonights showing can see DD being on the bench as Yates was tonight after a poor last game
well done tho boys 1-0

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 07:04:34 AM »

Despite all the good (and deserved) publicity about our run of clean sheets, the other fact to consider is that a run of 0-0 draws and a period without games meant that we hadn't actually scored a goal for the best part of a month. We've got a lot of young players in our side and I think we were lacking a bit of confidence going forward last night. I wasn't sure where the goal was going to come from, but once it did we collectively improved 100%. Hopefully we can now continue to keep the clean sheets whilst at the same time having shifted the lack of goals monkey of our backs.

As for Hunter, I think the managers got the substitution absolutely spot on last night. His main attribute is his pace, though most defenders can deal with this threat when games first start. Throw that raw pace onto the pitch against tiring defenders and after the hour mark, and suddenly that pace becomes a whole lot harder to defend against.

Wasn't entirely sure about Hunter for man-of-the-match, given the limited amount of match time he played. Shaun Pearson was everywhere again last night, and for me was the outstanding player.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 08:16:28 AM »
Shaun Pearson was everywhere again last night, and for me was the outstanding player.

Shhhh, I think it is getting to the stage where we have to start keeping quiet about our Shaun so we can hold onto him.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 12:21:08 PM »
Churchy was my clear Man of the Match last night - some of his tackles were awesome.

Miles is an impact sub, mainly due to his pace. Either against tired legs or big, strong bruisers, he has an advantage. I'd play him and Suarez from the start against Gainsborough and see how it goes.

Regarding Semple, I don't think it helps having to switch wings so often - he's right-footed and should play on that side. Yates and Jelleyman (even Sleath) should be on the left wing, with Cully filling it at left back if needed.

Newsham had a poor game, and his lack of dribbling and crossing ability is shown up in this league whereas he got away with it against poor defences last season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 12:47:55 PM »
I think last night was evidence of part timer players playing their second game in 3 days. This is not meant to be a criticism, just a reality check.

I think we are fighting brilliantly above our weight as a newly promoted side and we will get off days. I was really nervous last night that we were going to break our clean sheet record and this must surely get to the players as well.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 01:05:14 PM »
Not only that but our third game in a week after not playing for more than a fortnight - it was almost like starting the season again.  And all those games have been against good teams on heavy pitches, so it's been a huge test (with another one to come at Droylsden)

In years gone by we wouldn't have got 3 good results in those circumstances, and we certainly wouldn't have kept 3 clean sheets. 

ll credit to S&H and the quality of players we have at the moment.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 03:12:13 PM »
Agree the comments regarding Miles Hunter, looks really impressive against tiring defenders but seemed to be blowing a bit towards the end, match fitness perhaps?  Semple seemed to be able to do the hard work beating the back, but his crossing was attrocious until he swapped to the right wing. Churchy was man of the match for me, doing his own and Sleathy's work a lot of the time.

Any comments on the referee? Might be my imagination but he seemed to be one of the best we've had this season, making allowances for the conditions and letting the game flow.