Author Topic: Big win last night  (Read 2931 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Big win last night
« on: November 10, 2010, 07:22:11 AM »
in tricky conditions, I thought Canners,Jellyman,Pearson and Murphy were superb, I can't remember our keeper making a save of note thanks to some superb blocking and positional sense.

I still think we look a bit one dimensional up front, for all the moaning aimed at Yeats he does make things happen......Semp's looked off the pace all night along with Sleath but hey ho, 3 more points!

And finally the ref. Superb. End of. Let the game flow, played good advantages, no bookings, kept up with play......no mean feat in those conditions.

I bet the assessor game him a 2 or 3 mark!! ;)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Big win last night
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 11:36:26 AM »
Yes, I thought the ref was outstanding last night. Given the conditions, some would have probably been blowing all the time, but he let things flow and only stopped the game when he had to.

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 09:39:31 PM »
I'm usually very critical of the standard of refereeing we experience at this level but give credit when it's due. Agree with above comments. Hope the ref, and a lot of others in black, read this so they understand that we don't slag them off because it's the thing to do and it's what they should always expect. They get slagged because they were crap. Last night he was good and deserves a pat on the back. As for the rubbish ones, go dig an allotment or something.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 10:16:11 PM »
I can't remember the ref last night.....probably the best compliment for a ref!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
It did make a change to have a referee who didn't want to be the centre of attention like some of them do,he only blew when he had too and the same when words were needed,no dramatics and arm movements just a talk and on with the game.It was also good to see him trying to play advantage instead of whistling straight away..