Author Topic: Have the wheels fallen off?  (Read 7656 times)

Old yellow

• View Profile
Re: Have the wheels fallen off?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 08:09:05 AM »
No the wheels have not come off,it will take a couple of games to get back in the swing of things and to readjust from the loss of jason lee. Danny or Mikel need to show they deserve to be first choice,we need tobuild on our defensive strengths and create more chances in front of goal that is all.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 09:22:43 AM »
Like everyone else who posts on here, i want nothing more than to see us win every game. Sadly, every team we play want to do exactly the same as we do.
Last season was a fantastic achievement, we've come an awfully long way since D&N took over and appointed S&H. It seems a very long time ago we were witnessing games like we had to endure with TT at the helm.
I'm happy with the way things are going, second in the league we've only joined this season. Lots of clean sheets and entertaining footy to boost.
I say lets keep cheering the lads on, i'm certain they will soon start knocking them in again.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Bartmac

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 04:01:15 PM »
Surely the "old adage" in football has always been - Draw the away games and win the home ones and you won't be far away from winning the league!

Reading Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 06:02:34 PM »
Having slept on this overnight perhaps I should have named the thread "Has one of the back wheels started to wobble slightly?"  :P

Having said that Rob Scott is qouted in todays NLP as saying "We seemed content to come off with a draw, but if you settle for mediocrity that's exactly what you will get".

Like I said yesterday, this thread was not meant to be a "moan" at our performances this season, hopefully a win on Tuesday night will blow away the cobwebs from the enforced two week break.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »
Second in the league having only played 5 out of 14 matches at home. With 9 away matches already played I think the wheels would have come off the Pilgrim Express some time ago if they were going to. 5 away wins and 4 away draws is championship form. Wheels all in tact as far as I can see, at the moment.

Bartmac

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 07:47:12 PM »
Perhaps it's the engine that needs tuning :D

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 09:11:01 AM »
There may be an element of rustiness from the two week lay-off but I think that, come February and March, that break might actually do us a favour.

When all the other teams are feeling leggy because they are playing 3 games a week due to postponements/cup commitments we'll be fresh as daisies.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 11:12:55 AM »
Maybe the boss, thinks we have at least a flat tyre ........ ::)

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 12:21:55 PM »
stoooopid question!

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 12:42:05 PM »
Maybe the boss, thinks we have at least a flat tyre ........ ::)

Don't talk to me about flat tyres eh shorty2kuk  ;)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 12:52:37 PM »
If these matches had been a few weeks apart, I don't think anyone would have any doubt that they have both been very good results. 

Two goalless draws in the same week doesn't look so good, but when we look back at the end of the season we will be happy with a draw at Guiseley and a draw at Blyth.   These games could easily have gone the same way as Whitby and Kendal away last season.

If, like last season, our home form improves as the season goes on, and we find it easier to break teams down, we will be in with a shout of promotion again.