Author Topic: todays game  (Read 10189 times)

cappo

• View Profile
todays game
« on: October 16, 2010, 03:55:30 PM »
is there any one who could give me updates please cos i cant get "live"at work,tar
"till saturday comes"

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 04:12:52 PM »
Boston are 1-0 up at half-time.

Jamie Yates scored after 39 mins.

Marc Newsham booked just before half-time.

Attendance: 1602

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »
From United Live:

United make one change, with Jamie Yates replacing Ryan Semple...

Mikel Suarez is named among the substitutes...

Boston (4-4-2): James McKeown; Lee Canoville, Shaun Pearson, Kieran Murphy, Gareth Jelleyman; Jamie Yates, Anthony Church, Danny Sleath, Marc Newsham; Jason Lee, Spencer Weir-Daley.
Subs: Ryan Semple, Miles Hunter, James Cullingworth, Mikel Suarez, Harry Deane.

15:40 GOAL GOAL GOAL Bizarre all-round! Pearson launched a long aimless ball forward and after Budtz tried to dribble the ball back into his own box, Yates dispossessed him and walked the ball home.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 04:29:30 PM »
Ryan Semple on for Jamie Yates (66 mins)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 04:42:32 PM »
Miles Hunter on for Spencer Weir-Daley (84 mins)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 04:48:46 PM »
Mikel Suarez on for Jason Lee (89 mins)

Four minutes of added time.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 04:49:53 PM »
Marc Newsham sent off for second booking for kicking the ball away (90 mins)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 04:53:21 PM »
Final score:

Boston United 1-0 Stalybridge Celtic (1602)

Looks like aggy has got 10 points in the prediction league for getting the attendance spot on!

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 04:54:12 PM »
Afreton and Telford drew so I think hat puts us top at he moment

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 04:59:02 PM »
thanks for that ken.another three points  ;D
"till saturday comes"

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 05:26:52 PM »
We are top of the League-We are top of the League

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 05:50:14 PM »
Well done lads!!!  :)
Although i do think we made bloddy hard work of it at times. So all in all i'm a happy  :bunny Boston get 3 points and go top of the pile and then to top it off Manpoo fook up at home again!!!  ;D I bet old bacon face will be doing his nut and it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke either  ;D

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
I thought it was a decent game today.Stalybridge were o.k.They passed it about quite well without ever causing Macca too many problems.I didn't think we were at our best,but i still don't know how we only scored once.I'll take one-nil wins to the end of the season though.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 07:21:04 PM »
Well done to all involved with Boston United on and off the pitch 18 months ago it would take some believing that we would be top of Conf North now. The Boston public have shown their gratitude with another fantastic turnout of 1602. The lads all worked hard with no outstanding MOM performance. The ref and his clueless friends were woeful and at best, Staylebridge were allowed to put in several dangerous challenges their number 8 should have been in the showers before half time. Why Newsham got sent off is a mystery; the first yellow in my opinion was a fantastic tackle from the Newsh who cleanly took the ball and their player went down with the impact from the ball hitting his foot, the ref who did not see the incident then consulted the linesman on the Main Stand side of the ground who seemed to have the attention span of a goldfish for the whole match and failed to watch the ball so the ref gave in to the attacks both on the officials and Newsham who was pushed to the ground by their number 8 and booked Newsham. Yellow card number two was even more farcical; Newsham was shown a second yellow for "time wasting" the ball was not thrown or kicked away so why is a mystery to me; at the time i presumed he must have sworn at the ref or something similar. Roll on November.......

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 07:54:28 PM »
Final score:

Boston United 1-0 Stalybridge Celtic (1602)

Looks like aggy has got 10 points in the prediction league for getting the attendance spot on!
Woad also gets 10 points for a spot on attendance  ;)

As for the game I really enjoyed it today. 2 good teams both trying to play the game the right way by passing the ball not just lumping it forward. Thought SWD was outstanding today as was Murphy at the back but nobody had a bad game. Great from Jamie Yates chasing down a seemingly lost cause to get the only goal of the game. We where hanging on for the last 10 mins as their full time status told fitness-wise. Must admit Jason Lee had yet another good game and am pleased to hold my hands up and say I was wrong about his signing which I questioned. He could well be the final piece of the jigsaw, still worry about strength in depth if we get a few injuries in the wrong area (specifically centre mid).

edit: a few weeks ago I thought the officals had improved but in the last half a dozen games we've had 3 or 4 really poor refs, I know they have a difficult job and they make the odd mistake but today the ref was very whistle happy and gave some really soft decisions for strong challenges which IMO where not fouls (for both sides). Not as bad as the VM ref a couple of weeks ago but still poor.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 07:57:42 PM by woad_pilgrim »