Author Topic: V town  (Read 16630 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V town
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 08:31:18 PM »
And some more pics, more to follow...

Lee Askham

Mikel Suarez

Jamie Clarke

Matt Kennedy

Nick Jackson

Mark Camm

Mikel Suarez

Liam Parker

Liam Parker and Chris Wood

Chris Wood
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 04:21:43 PM by Ken Fox »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 08:44:51 PM »
I quite like the kit too, looked awful in the press release but looks quite nice on the pitch. ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 09:11:52 PM »
Really enjoyed the game today, as POL said well worth a fiver and much more enjoyable than Wednesday. After the struggle to create against Lincoln was nice to see us make chances at will. Loving the style of play and some of the football was a joy to watch, with lots of 1 touch football and players looking for a man rather than just lumping it forward like under SW.

MOTM was Cullingworth who was outstanding. Mark Camm also had a very good game breaking up most of Town's attacking play. Clarke also did well despite missing some easy chances but as long as he keeps getting into those positions the goals will come . Of the trialists the big centre forward who played in the number 10 shirt showed some very good touches for a big man. I thought Nick Jackson had a very good game and when he came on Alex Beck caused their defence lots of problems, personally think they both can't be far off getting a contract.

As with the Lincoln game have seen enough to be optimistic for the coming season especially as there is obviously lots more to come once the team starts to gel.

Finally must congratulate Town on the improvements to their ground, once finished will be a very tidy ground was really impressed.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 09:47:36 PM »
Last set of pics....

Matt Kennedy

Chris Wood

Alex Beck shoots

Matt Kennedy

Marc Newsham

Chris Wood

Mark Camm

Mark Newsham

Alex Beck shoots

Lee Canoville and Liam Parker

Mark Newsham

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 04:31:00 PM by Ken Fox »

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 09:59:36 PM »
Nice pics Ken,apart from that last one though  :D

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 10:04:42 PM »
 yes must agree with others i rally enjoyed the game today and thought the lads all did really well and worked hard for each other. thought camm and canoville when he came on both showed good leadership qualities and would think one of these two for captain.the team seem to be gelling well together and things are looking bright.thought the big spaniard looked a handful and kennedy and jackson worked down the left well together.both trialist keepers looked confident and pearson parker and cullingworth looked good.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »
Just got back.  The performance was good enough and understandably we created more than against Lincoln City on Wednesday.  Some nice accurate longer balls were hit, especially in the first half.  Jon Rowan didn't stand out for them, I didn't even know which player Matt Hocking was.  Not sure why the penalty was awarded, everybody in the stand seemed to have missed the incident including myself.  I'd say there were probably 500 or so in attendance (almost all Pilgrims of course).   Jamie Clarke missed a sitter of a one on one with the keeper in the first half but I thought he played well, as did Mark Camm.  Our third goal was a cracker.

Boston Town have made some major improvements to their ground.  There aren't any weeds growing between the seats now and obviously they've built cover for the second side, which looks nice.  They've also built a second turnstyle.  It's all very tidy (but they could do with a better tannoy system).  But I thought they couldn't make ground improvements due to the length of their lease, hence their Chairman complaining about us in the Non League Paper last year because they couldn't bring it up to UniBond standard?
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 10:40:19 PM »

Would challenge Patricks interpretation of an easy miss from Clarke in the first
   period................. I was behind the goal in that half and although he struck the
   ball with confidence Conroy did well to get out and cover his angles  well....... just
   an observation,generally thought the game was played at a good tempo and a
   good workout for the squad and potential signings.
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 10:59:14 PM »
Suarez played for Coventry last night...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 11:00:47 PM »

If anyone can let me know who all these new players are it would be greatly appreciated!

I'll have a go..................

Suarez. 1st pic. heading/ 12th / 15th / 20th

Jamie Clarke. 9th RHS / 16th

Cullingworth. 4th / 26th RHS / 27th RHS

Kennedy. 6th / 10th RHS / 17th / 24th centre / 27th LHS

Pearson. 1st RHS / 13th LHS

Camm. 19th / 24th RHS / 30th

Askham. 14th

C Wood. 22nd RHS / 23rd / 25th / 29th

Newsham. 28th / 31st / 34th

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »
Suarez played for Coventry last night...

I think it was for Nuneaton against Coventry

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 10:19:12 AM »

A couple of people on here have expressed concerns about our striking positions. All I will say is this ...

... when I started my current job I didn't know anyone else and noone else knew me. I didn't know any of the systems, had to ask lots of questions and made one or two mistakes in what I was doing. I was eager to impress and had one or two butterflies which added an extra dimension of pressure. In time things improved and one or two colleagues have even told me that I'm fairly good at what I do. But my own self assessment of my early days was that I was pretty crap...

We only have two contracted strikers and understandably the managers will want to add extra options. They probably need to assess the triallists more than they do they players they have already signed, the downside of which is that neither Clarke nor Newsham have yet played a full 90-minutes for the club. Let them get bedded in and have a run of proper games in a Boston shirt. Then pass judgement. In my view some of the comments based on relatively short passages of play in non-competitive matches are harsh.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »

A couple of people on here have expressed concerns about our striking positions. All I will say is this ...

... when I started my current job I didn't know anyone else and noone else knew me. I didn't know any of the systems, had to ask lots of questions and made one or two mistakes in what I was doing. I was eager to impress and had one or two butterflies which added an extra dimension of pressure. In time things improved and one or two colleagues have even told me that I'm fairly good at what I do. But my own self assessment of my early days was that I was pretty crap...

We only have two contracted strikers and understandably the managers will want to add extra options. They probably need to assess the triallists more than they do they players they have already signed, the downside of which is that neither Clarke nor Newsham have yet played a full 90-minutes for the club. Let them get bedded in and have a run of proper games in a Boston shirt. Then pass judgement. In my view some of the comments based on relatively short passages of play in non-competitive matches are harsh.

Not been to a game yet so can't comment on the newbies. But in the 10 minutes Andy Kirk lasted at Town what seems like many moons ago I turned to whoever was with me and said he looked like he would score goals. Took him an age to return from injury but we were proved correct.

Have any of the players movement given that impression, god knows Ricky Miller did within seconds of playing last year. 

A good striker just oozes the confidence that he will hit the net, out of all the positions, the striking role is the easiest to see from the sidelines and i hope we find the cock sure bastard everyone else hates to play against that will hit the net for us.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »
I can see both sides of the debate, and it's actually a slight catch 22. New players will always take time to bed in, regardless on how many minutes they get on the pitch, as someone argued a few posts ago

That said, nearly all players are new, so making the impression, any impression, should be immediate on that basis, good or bad

Some who shine instantly could end up being dross and vice versa, but regardless of if you only play for 20 mins, 45mins or 90 minutes, if you 'have it' it should show, if you dont, it will undoubtedly show and some players I guess will need deliberating over

Thats what friendlies are for I guess, but if some of the 10 or eleven or so signed and are under contract dont stick out immediately, especially in front of trialists and players around them and who haven't yet been signed, slight warning signals will inevitably be seen and discussed on the terraces, even though it would appear very unfair to judge anybody yet...so again lets hold fire. The season is a good few friendlies away yet

I think overall, even allowing for the fact I have only seen them against Lincoln, but including the comments from yesterday, I would have to say that at this stage it doesn't look that bad

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 08:19:27 PM »
Personally think people who criticize now are jumping the gun. I remember the exact same thing being said last season on the impstalk forum especially about Ollie Ryan where virtually everyone was saying that he wouldn't get into double figures etc. after a few misses in a couple of friendlies. I said at the time the goals will come for him and the important thing is he was getting into the positions.

Jamie Clarke so far reminds me of Ollie pre-season last season, is getting into the positions but so far is without a goal. As long as he keeps getting into the right positions the goals will come, like Ollie last season think he needs the first 1 to ease the pressure on him which he seems to be putting on himself. Yesterday he looked like he was getting a bit frustrated with himself which shows how keen he is to impress. I'm confident he'll get goals when it counts.

Newsham has shown some good touches and has looked threatening in both games he plays. He has linked up very well with several different partners and looked really threatening when running at defenders. Also played some good through balls yesterday.

Alex Beck when he came on yesterday made the keeper make 2 good saves, won a stack of headers and made some very good runs some of which he received the ball but more often taking defenders with him creating spaces for other players.

I am happy with those 3 (if Beck is signed which I think he should be as stated before), and would think we'll sign another striker. With the defence looking tight I think we'll score enough goals to win games although I cannot see us being prolific. Am not getting carried away but am more optimistic about this season than I have been for a long time.