Author Topic: Say goodbye to first rate education....  (Read 4053 times)

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
Say goodbye to first rate education....
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:24:23 AM »
...and hello Lincoln University.

Thought the new series of The Inbetweeners is seriously unfunny compared to the first two (too many recycled jokes and tired scenarios), but that line must have made a good few Lincolnites cringe.

Huzzah!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Say goodbye to first rate education....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 02:34:16 PM »
...and hello Lincoln University.

Thought the new series of The Inbetweeners is seriously unfunny compared to the first two (too many recycled jokes and tired scenarios), but that line must have made a good few Lincolnites cringe.

Huzzah!

Some of it appears to have been dummed down for a wider audience.  But as I can just about remember what it was like to be that age and 'inbetween' it is still a very clever and accurate comedy about growing up.  Mum, Wank, Tit and Gay jokes are basically recycled throughout peoples teenage years anyway so I would be disappointed if the show wasn't repetitive.

Fearne Cotton followed up the Lincoln bashing this morning with a beaut too.  Apologising to Lincoln as a town for the way it was portrayed.  Top Trolling.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 07:45:53 PM »
The opening episode of this series and the trip to warwick were the best, some of the banter has been hilarious though.

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:45:58 AM »
The opening episode of this series and the trip to warwick were the best, some of the banter has been hilarious though.

I must be missing something, then, as I have smirked - at best - once throughout this series. Oh well, horses for courses, I suppose.

I'd recommend getting "The Thick Of It" box-set or "In The Loop".

Now *THERE* is some comedy actually worth watching. Intelligent, well-written, well-crafted and beautifully acted/ad-libbed.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
Depends on your age and matureness level as well, I was in Sixth Form last year so I can relate to them a lot more than an adult could (not saying youre old btw, you could be 18 for all I know  ;D)

But I really enjoy it, and its not too far off how me and my friends used to talk.

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »
Depends on your age and matureness level as well, I was in Sixth Form last year so I can relate to them a lot more than an adult could (not saying youre old btw, you could be 18 for all I know  ;D)

But I really enjoy it, and its not too far off how me and my friends used to talk.

Oooh, I don't know about that. If something is funny, it's funny regardless of how old you are. There are some scenes in Henry's Cat and Roobard And Custard (the 1970's one) that I still find hilarious.

I enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 of The Inbetweeners, but just found the lastest effort a little tired and waning in writing strength.

I still like Inbetweeners and it deserves in a place in my VAST collection of comedy (which spans Laurel And Hardy, through Hancock and onto the aforementioned "The Thick Of It"), but the writer(s) got lazy with this series, I reckon.

Either that, or the standard of their writing was so high in the first 2 seasons that they made a rod for their own back.

I understand that League Of Gentleman are working on a 4th season, which I'm really looking forward to seeing.