Author Topic: todays game  (Read 10191 times)

sparks

• View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »

No Aron Butcher on the bench ?
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 08:42:55 PM »
I thought that SWD battled hard but I am not sure how "outstanding" he was - I felt their no.4 had an absolutely fantastic game and had SWD in his pocket all game.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 08:51:52 PM »
I thought that SWD battled hard but I am not sure how "outstanding" he was - I felt their no.4 had an absolutely fantastic game and had SWD in his pocket all game.
That's footy all about opinions. Agree their 4 did play well and matched Spence for pace. I was thinking more of his other work, the amount of times he dropped deep and won balls he was second best for then played people in I lost count, especially the 2 wingers. Not an a-typical SWD performance but for me yes he was outstanding.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 09:06:09 PM »
Their number 5 on the other hand - a certain Mr Alan White was very lucky not to punished more often than he was including once or twice in the penalty area for try to get the shirt of Jason Lees back on several occasions. Staylebridge have a balanced side and their defensive partnership of one big bloke and one pacey bloke will counter act many teams frontline of similar minded players like Spence and Jason Lee. Staylebridge were organised - which they should be being full time and tried to play football despite one or two terrible challenges and on todays showing i would expect to see them comfortably in the top half come the end of the season although they seemed to lack a spark up front and can't see them challenging ourselfs and the other title contenders.

baldfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »
 where has Whitey got all that hair from ?

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »
That's footy all about opinions. Agree their 4 did play well and matched Spence for pace. I was thinking more of his other work, the amount of times he dropped deep and won balls he was second best for then played people in I lost count, especially the 2 wingers. Not an a-typical SWD performance but for me yes he was outstanding.
"and matched spence for pace"well that wouldnt take a lot would it  ::)
"till saturday comes"

Seenbetter

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »
Had a first yesterday. First time I have ever been in the midst of what some people would term 'old farts' when a steward directs the instruction "keep it down a bit" towards us. Apparently two really nasty , vicious supporters (joke) both over 40, rattled the roof of the dug out of the visiting management team. What does the manager do, he complains to the steward about this really terrifying ordeal which ,incidentally, suddenly made all his hair fall out. The manager then continues to use loud,abusive language towards his team which was far more offensive than what he had been getting from the crowd. Not only did he want to bully Boston players on the pitch into submission but also wanted to bully the supporters into submission, silly boy. Should have thrown my zimmer frame at him.
Good game. Spencers work rate was terrific. Officials- why do they bother. They fall out of a 'lucky bag' and think they know what they are doing. No wonder Scott gets angry with them, most of them don't know a foul if someone hacked their legs away from under them. As for sending Newy off, all I have to say about the ref in that incident is *OSSER. Going to wash the car now BYE.
Sorry, almost forgot. Nice to see both sets of management teams shake hands at the end.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 11:02:29 AM by Seeingbetter »

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 01:19:56 PM »

Good performance and good result, because Stalybridge are a good side. Any team with aspirations of winning Blue Square North this season will have to finish ahead of Alfreton, but any team aspiring to go up via the play-offs will have to overcome Stalybridge in the process. I see them very much as the Blue Square North equivalent of Bradford Park Avenue.

Didn't have the best of views of the Newsham sending-off, so can't really comment. But Jamie Yates took a long time in being substituted a few minutes earlier, and you sensed the ref was losing a bit of patience when he ran across the pitch to hurry him along. From that moment on it always seemed likely the ref would try and book a Boston player for time-wasting. Any Boston player would have done, and it's just a shame he picked the one player already on a yellow card!

As someone else has said Weir-Daley worked very hard and deserved man-of-the-match. Murphy though wasn't far behind in his performance on the day.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 01:23:47 PM »
Sleath and Church again covered every blade of grass on that pitch yesterday, superb throughout and a real pain for the players that had to beat them three times to be able to get at our back four.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.