Author Topic: From Sports Echo  (Read 2275 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
From Sports Echo
« on: October 06, 2010, 09:25:05 AM »
SportsEcho Image: SportsEcho
Wednesday, October 06, 2010, 07:00

Paul Hurst and Rob Scott thrashing out new contracts at Boston United

BOSTON UNITED'S management team were set for crunch contract talks with chairman David Newton last night.

Paul Hurst and Rob Scott's current York Street deals expire at the end of this season, but Newton is keen to further the talks which began this summer.

The York Street supremo insists this week's meeting is not related to speculation linking the pair with the vacant post at Lincoln City.

Hurst and Scott are among the bookies' favourites to succeed Chris Sutton, who resigned as Imps boss last week.

"We're supposed to be talking with the chairman and he's asked to see us on Tuesday," said Scott after Saturday's 0-0 draw at Vauxhall Motors.

"We're happy as things are. We've got a good relationship with the club, the chairman and Neil (Kempster, vice-chairman).

"We're happy with what we're doing. Whether they (the contracts) are sorted now or sorted in May, I'm not that interested.

"All I want to do is win games of football. Anything that provokes negative vibes around the place, I don't want to get involved in.

"Our main concern is the squad of players we've got and winning games.

"If a spanner gets thrown in the works by talking about something else, then I'd rather not (talk about it).

"We're going to talk on Tuesday and we'll take it from there. Nothing is set in stone."

Newton says he is equally calm about the situation.

"We would have met last week, but it didn't quite fit in with everyone so we're planning to meet this week," said Newton.

"A contract is just a piece of paper, the important thing is the working relationship we have, which is very strong."

Since the weekend, Lincoln's interest in Hurst and Scott appears to have cooled with Accrington Stanley boss John Coleman moving to the top of the Imps' wish-list.

However, after back-to-back promotions with Ilkeston and Boston, it is unlikely to be the last time the pair are linked with another job.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: From Sports Echo
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »
Reading between the lines it sounds like they want to keep all options open. It dosn't sound like they will sign a new contract just yet. Let's hope the Chairmans carrot is a succulent one. :)
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR