Author Topic: Latest on Lincoln's new manager(s)  (Read 11836 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Latest on Lincoln's new manager(s)
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »
Listening to the Lincoln chairman tonight it seems he wants an experienced 1st/2nd division manager now!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 07:26:22 PM »
 Maybe the  0-0  at  tinpot Motors  swayed it !

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 08:12:05 PM »
Probably wants a manager which can get his players to fight between themselves ;D

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 02:13:52 PM »
Looks like £vans is being linked to the job according to the NLP, but I would imagine the ego boost and bragging rights he would get if his "project promotion" game was a success means the Chimps won't be lumbered with him.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 04:34:28 PM »
Only the NPL would believe Imps were interested in Fattie , self promotion on his part again.    Are Imps really going to consider attempting to drive the gates to below 2000 ?

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 10:06:42 AM »
Interesting article here >> http://goo.gl/RK8h  Rob Scott ready to manage in Football League.

Surely they wouldn't take a step down to the Gimps?

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 12:57:19 PM »
Interesting article here >> http://goo.gl/RK8h  Rob Scott ready to manage in Football League.

He does say that IF Boston were offered the chance to be in the League next week he would take it,to me that sounds like he is happy here,if he wanted to manage the Gimps he would have said IF someone offers me the chance to manage in the League next week I would take it.. Subtle difference in wording but enough to make me think he staying put..

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »

He does say that IF Boston were offered the chance to be in the League next week he would take it,to me that sounds like he is happy here,if he wanted to manage the Gimps he would have said IF someone offers me the chance to manage in the League next week I would take it.. Subtle difference in wording but enough to make me think he staying put..

I read it differently! Here's the quote:

"I'm ready for it," declared the former Rotherham defender. "If, by some quirk of fate, we (Boston) were told we could be in the Football League next week, we would take it.

"In life you have to take what comes your way, you can't wait around. Football is renowned for it – if you turn an opportunity down, you could end up regretting it."

Notice that 'Boston' is in brackets, so was added by the editor of the story who assumed that Scott was talking about BUFC. However, it paints a different story if the 'we' actually means him and Hurst.

In that light, I took it that Scott thinks that being linked with the Lincoln job at the moment is merely speculation in the media but that they would be prepared to accept an offer if it actually materialised.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 07:47:15 PM »
But as Dorian said Saturday on Radio Lincolnshire they are looking for someone with League 2 and if possible League 1 experience,he said on Wednesday he did say they would be prepared to look at up and coming managers maybe lower league but the board met after this and decided to go the L2 experience route and whoever takes the job has a big task in front of them...

There is also the possibility that he did say we and the interviewer being unsure whether he was referring to management or team asked him,he then said Boston so this was put in brackets so the reader knew who he was talking about..
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 07:50:05 PM by Crazy Neil »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 10:37:08 PM »
We're safe, the numbnuts at Lincoln don't have a clue what they are doing and hence forth will not approach us for our managers.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 08:08:56 AM »
I think they should have David Newton as an appointments consultant. He's a business man who can tell when an applicant is full of self opinionated bull**** and when someone appears capable and competent, something that Lincoln City appear to have lacked in their search for a saviour.
You often see the same name cropping up on the applications lists for managers jobs but they are, just like Lincoln, given a bypass. You'd think the penny would drop if you were repeatedly overlooked by clubs looking for a manager.
I think as for S n H, at the end of this season they may well get managers jobs at a league 1 club and miss out league 2 altogether. 

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 11:24:19 AM »
According to todays press Justin Edinburgh(Rushden&Diamonds manager)is the new favourite.All speculation at the moment,and i don't think even the Lincoln Directors have a clue what's going on.Personally,i couldn't give a flying f*ck who gets the job managing the Gimps-as long as it's not S&H.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »
Anybody know what Rob Scotts full time job is?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile