Author Topic: With the reserves  (Read 4202 times)

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
With the reserves
« on: October 03, 2010, 09:50:04 PM »
Decided to watch the reserves yesterday and thought it would be a good opportunity to brush down 'The Brownie' and take some pix. Although, I have in the past, taken a very occasional photo at matches. I've found it too much of a distraction while trying to watch the match. So I thought this would be a good occasion to concentrate on the camera rather than the game - although the 4-3 result certainly kept the attention.

As a result I've finally opened a Flicker account, so for anyone interested in viewing some images from yesterdays cup match at York Street against Skegness, please click the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bunyyan/show/with/5048259960/

Best viewed in full screen mode.

Sorry I can't tell you who the players are. Teamsheet or announcer would have been helpful on this account.

As it happens I enjoyed both the photography and the match and gained an even greater appreciation of Kens matchday photos week in and week out and the speeed in which they are uploaded to the Patter.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:52:47 PM by Bunyan »

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: With the reserves
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 11:15:15 PM »
Some good pictures there
The reserves are certainly picking up a reputation for giving a entertaining game!

abully

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 03:52:17 PM »

Also saw the reserves on saturday.Good game,impressed with the standard of football.

Now that attendences are up,would it not be a good idea to open the tea bar,even if it's to sell drinks and sweets etc?

Plus ,could we have the announcer as well.It would be good to get to know the names.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »
Announcer could also keep us updated with the first teams score.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 11:12:40 PM »
Must agree with the other comments about the tea bar and the announcer, would be good to get a cup of tea at half time at the Reserve games.

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 01:35:06 AM »
Try photographing two - three games a week and then say the camera is a distraction :P.... find football boring without a camera in tow now! Some cracking shots in amongst that collection :)

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 07:53:02 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement Shippy (and wez 33). Its always good to receive positive feedback when it comes to photos especially when trying a new area of photography. Shippy, the photos I've seen of yours on the Patter have been excellent and some outstanding. It was seeing some of your images posted on the Patter a bit back that inspired me to take my camera to York Street.

Will definitely give it another go in the near future. Practice makes perfect.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 07:59:48 PM »
To be honest most football pics do little for me, but you have captured some interesting compositions and your wide angles are very good, enabling us to see the whole picture of that particular action scene.

Well done, keen to see some first team pics.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 08:27:13 PM »
Thanks for that DC. The photos were taken with a telephoto but the wide angle effect is done via cropping, something I've done regularly with landscape shots over the years. I also have a graphics background so used to thinking outside the regular photo rectangle shapes.  Glad you liked them.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:20:37 PM by Bunyan »