Author Topic: Off-topic Windows 7  (Read 2699 times)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Off-topic Windows 7
« on: July 17, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »
For those of you struggling with Vista or wanting a refresh from XP.....Windows 7 is out in October, is getting very good reviews in beta and will cost around £150.

However, you can currently pre-order from various places for around £44 - e.g. Currys. 

It'll be fun doing the install though - thanks to the EU idiots.  You CANNOT upgrade, it has to be a fresh install....and there will be no browser included.  Make sure you copy an install file for IE, Firefox or similat before you go ahead!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Off-topic Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:03:11 PM »
For those of you struggling with Vista or wanting a refresh from XP.....Windows 7 is out in October, is getting very good reviews in beta and will cost around £150.

However, you can currently pre-order from various places for around £44 - e.g. Currys. 

It'll be fun doing the install though - thanks to the EU idiots.  You CANNOT upgrade, it has to be a fresh install....and there will be no browser included.  Make sure you copy an install file for IE, Firefox or similat before you go ahead!

Do you not get a paper clip popping up to help you install, how primative? I prefer my operating systems to be more manly, Vista sounds like a female hygiene product.

Big cats are where it is at.... GRRRR!

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.