Author Topic: Can I say now....  (Read 14401 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Can I say now....
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »
Although yesterdays result was disapointing I think the team changes were made with the veiw of looking at two players performances in particular, namely Cully and Davis. I think S&H used this game to asses their value to the squad, I would expect both to be released within a few weeks. As for the keeper if the Posh recall their keeper I am sure that we will know well in advance and am confident that the management team will have that base covered.

One down one to go. Having said that I wish Gareth all the best on his return to Matlock
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 02:44:36 PM »
There must be someone on the way in,otherwise we're looking desparately short of midfielders.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 05:46:35 PM »
There must be someone on the way in,otherwise we're looking desparately short of midfielders.

My exact same thought.  Cully is one person that could play in there and Newsham as cover for the wing spots.  But there is not a lot of cover for Church/Sleath.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 07:10:32 PM »
Davies has probably gone there for match fitness. Having said that agree with OCM and LCB we are desperately short of cover for centre mid. Would expect them to bring someone in and if they do a job Davies move will probably be permanent. Can't see Cully going anywhere though.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »
RS & PH must be happy with the lads that they have got, Cully and the Young lad Harry Dean can play in midfield if needed im sure, they must think a bit of the Young lad as they keep him involved and have not loaned him out like the other youngsters, but it would not suprise me if they sign another midfielder just to add a little more strenght to the squad.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 11:11:45 PM »
With players out on loan, and presumably not draining the budget as quickly, and the first team almost picking itself from the squad, to sign someone else to sit on the bench at this time would seem a waste of resources.
Later in the season when the ground starts to get heavy and the bookings start incuring bans, then we should have some money left to sign new faces to aid our push towards the conference.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 08:53:15 AM »
Time to integrate a couple reserve/youth team players into the first team squad?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
I haven't seen the reserves yet - are there any decent prospects in central midfield who could fill in for Sleath or Church?