Author Topic: Can I say now....  (Read 14399 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Can I say now....
« on: September 25, 2010, 06:56:02 PM »
The season is over, how embarrassing to be left with nothing to play for as early as September!   ;)

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

chris47

• View Profile
Re: Can I say now....
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:08:30 PM »
Yep

That sums it up.

Apparently the management have said there is no point in us even being entered into the FA Trophy draw.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »
The season is over, how embarrassing to be left with nothing to play for as early as September!   ;)

You been reading that negetive trinity forum again.

Saying that if i was having a season like theres id be negetive.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 10:07:06 PM »

You been reading that negetive trinity forum again.

Saying that if i was having a season like theres id be negetive.

Tongue in cheek jib at some of the doubters last year, remember the Lowestoft non event?

Bob Lee

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »
I am saying the same this year as last.

Getting knocked out at this stage has an effect on the budget for the rest of the season.

I know a budget has been agreed and hopefully without any kind of cup run, but any extra revenue would surely be welcome.

I could not make the match today but according to a friend we better start looking for a goalkeeper before the loan deal runs out.  These are not my words just repeating.  Anyway rose tinted glasses and all that ;)

Let's win this league :D

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 10:42:19 PM »
I shared the same frustrations as many others today with regards to Butcher, but on reflection i can't help feeling his major problem is that he looks devoid of confidence.  Its clear that the management rate him as no more than a back up.  I guess its also one of the pitfalls of being a goalie that often you can go months without playing a competitive game and then be expected to perform when suddenly called upon. Its not like we can really send him on loan or off with the reserves as he's needed on the bench as a back up.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 12:03:21 AM »
i think we'll see a few changes soon like we did soon after going out at lowestoft last season.

gutted but onwards and upwards, in S&H we trust

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 10:10:24 AM »
Although yesterdays result was disapointing I think the team changes were made with the veiw of looking at two players performances in particular, namely Cully and Davis. I think S&H used this game to asses their value to the squad, I would expect both to be released within a few weeks. As for the keeper if the Posh recall their keeper I am sure that we will know well in advance and am confident that the management team will have that base covered.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »
So I was right about Cullingworth  all along .....
 It's a blow being out of F A Cup . .
   Hope replacements can be found . . step forward the ' utility ' player ..

Swampy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 06:11:09 PM »
Just hope we can sort out a decent keeper if Jimmy Mac doesn't stay with us after January, because Butcher is an absolute joke! What an embarrasment!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 09:35:30 PM »
How short some peoples memories are Butcher was outstanding when he had a long spell in the team  and along with Elly and Miller kept us in the Unibond only 18 months ago, he performed well in the few games he played last season and played all but one of the league cup games last season and played well during pre season and now after one mistake after months without a game he isn't good enough?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 10:43:08 PM »
How short some peoples memories are Butcher was outstanding when he had a long spell in the team  and along with Elly and Miller kept us in the Unibond only 18 months ago, he performed well in the few games he played last season and played all but one of the league cup games last season and played well during pre season and now after one mistake after months without a game he isn't good enough?

+1, people are living in cloud cuckoo if they think we'll get anything other than a young keeper waiting to learn his trade on the bench at our level.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 05:28:53 AM »
i think we all know how good he is,but is he at this level. as we know he is only going to be bench here and that meens he going to have to take his chance when he gets one, he a cracking lad but i just dont think he will make the grade but would be a good unibond keeper

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 09:27:21 AM »

So the fact that he did ok in a struggling Unibond side makes him good enough for Conference North side in contention for a play off spot?  I don't really follow that logic.  All those players who 'helped keep us up' were released because they weren't good enough to get out of the Unibond.  I don't think he is a terrible keeper but he makes mistakes and that makes me, and I would assume the back-line, nervous.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 12:41:21 PM »
The thing is it's the same every time we lose. Why can't people just accept defeat in a dignified way? Worcester where better than us on the day, we had an off day they probably had one of their better performances.

People are talking of getting rid of Cully, Davies and Butcher - who is going to replace them at this stage of the season and are we going to get any better considering we'll have the same budget? 3 in 3 out. And all this from a squad which gained promotion last season and have lost 1 league game this and are second in the league.

Sometimes I wander what planet some supporters are on and what will actually satisfy them, I'm guessing winning every game. We will lose more games this season of that there is no doubt and I'm sure after every defeat there'll be the same inquest on here that there always is after a defeat. When we win everyone goes into there shell why is that exactly?

A final note, there was someone who booed the team off at half time on Saturday, Rob Scott in particular looked annoyed at the said idiot. It's people like this that will drive the managers away and all the complaining on here won't help.

Rant over.