Author Topic: David Newton's interview  (Read 8741 times)

qwerty

• View Profile
Re: David Newton's interview
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 03:40:07 PM »
Whats this new development going to consist of?

David Newton has already shown his hand and said that non footballing events are needed to finance the football club so are we looking at:

Hotel/conference suite like at Boston West?

Class rooms?

Social club?

Gym or fitness suite?

Offices?

First team training pitches, reserve team, centre of excellence & community club training & playing pitches?

All weather 3G Pitch?

Car parking & car parking & more car parking?

And not to forget a football stadium?

Have I missed anything?

So we are looking for a out of town site, but not far out, with good access to the main roads, A16 really, about ten times the size of York Street!!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 07:08:29 AM »

Like any supporter I want to progress, but .....

As I understand it the lease on York Street still runs for a few more years. Do we have a "get out early" clause on it? If not, then any ground-share arrangement would presumably mean we'd simultaneously have to pay rent on two separate stadiums. Is that viable?

The other issue to consider is that the bulk of clubs at Conference National level and above have full-time players. Would we need to go full-time to remain competitive? And how realistic would that be alongside the potential expense of running two grounds?

..... On the pitch we've taken two steps forward and three steps backwards once before. We all know why that happened. But whatever the reason, we wouldn't want it to happen again.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 09:02:54 AM »

Like any supporter I want to progress, but .....

As I understand it the lease on York Street still runs for a few more years. Do we have a "get out early" clause on it? If not, then any ground-share arrangement would presumably mean we'd simultaneously have to pay rent on two separate stadiums. Is that viable?

The other issue to consider is that the bulk of clubs at Conference National level and above have full-time players. Would we need to go full-time to remain competitive? And how realistic would that be alongside the potential expense of running two grounds?

..... On the pitch we've taken two steps forward and three steps backwards once before. We all know why that happened. But whatever the reason, we wouldn't want it to happen again.

The lease has eight years left but to get into the football league the stipulation is the ground must have minimum of ten years,David is not saying we will get two more promotions in two years but as he said,why wait until it happens then panic about ground lease why not get things in order and be ready...As he said,if all else fails there is always ground share..

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 12:39:45 PM »
m m
This debate is obviously going to head  back to where we were before . .
   I E about 10 years ( was it that long ? ) ago .
    The same changes eg full-time players . . etc . . will have to be addressed .
      Whatever one  thinks of the Malkinsons for example  ( and I have no personal involvement ) this Club would be decidedly less ambitious . . and a lot more humbler than it is to-day . . without their input from the 1930 's onward . 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:41:32 PM by father Ted »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »
After all Chestnuts have achieved in the three years i don,t think there is any advice we can offer them . We can enjoy speculating and planning but they will come up and deliver as they have always done so far.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 03:39:15 PM »
At least with DN and NK being in the trade they will have all the knowledge necessary to get proper planning permission and when and how to submit plans correctly..

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 06:20:46 PM »
As im aware and from the interveiw the ground share is just a fail save so on feild we dont have to suffer from not the relevent time on the lease, The fa would allow grace on the issue as long as it was proved the club was getting its own (i.e fulham a few year back).

But on the same issue i really dont think it will be to long before we are told somethink in regards to relocating.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »
look on Boston Borough Council's website. It looks as though the original plans to be down the Boardsides and Boston Fc moving are being re visited

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 10:16:15 PM »
Wismo, I think you've got confused.

The plans for the Boardsides on the Boston Borough Council website is from the archives from Crazy Jim andCo!

It's the old and original proposals, not anything knew.