Author Topic: Keeper  (Read 27124 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Keeper
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 05:03:26 PM »
 Last season BSP champions Burton had Kevin Poole as 1st choice keeper , he is at least 43 years old and may feature in  league 2 this season.
 I suggest even Sven,s C V fails to match up to Gingers and S&H should be looking over their shoulders.

cowfieldwalker

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 12:08:14 PM »
Forum = discussion = opinion. Pointless having a forum if an 'opinion' is attacked for saying a certain players was average. Rant over.

TheWizard

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »
 32yr old Tom Evans signed today.....

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2009, 08:19:04 PM »
Evening all.  Some interesting opinions on here again lol...  I'm pleased to see that Tom Evans has signed; interesting seeing that he has a high past calibre and that can only help Butcher to develop further; another good signing keep it up fellas!  I thought Butcher played well when I saw him last season; okay a few little hiccups but he's young and can continue to build on that.  Must agree with GHM here; it is a Forum and people must be able to voice their own opinions; okay some may or not agree with it.  I'm certainly looking forward to seeing some more signings from our duo!  Up the Pilgrims!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2009, 09:30:15 PM »
Just the sort of keeper (TE ) req'd .. me thinks
  Hope he does well ..and  can pass on his experience..

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2009, 11:29:23 PM »
Cracking signing, did alright tonight
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2009, 06:50:18 AM »
32yr old Tom Evans signed today.....
I remember him being a great keeper from our Football League days, a great signing. I don't think he will be on the bench all season. Still, a great player for Aaron to learn from, and competition will be provided now. Still, for his age, Aaron is a tremendous keeper and will surely go onto a higher level one day.

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 08:20:46 AM »
Rich77. Just to clarify the basis of my opinions. i have a sports science degree. Shit load of coaching badges. Have worked with our league 2 side. And managed teams over the last 15 yrs. My disertation focused on bridging the gap between pro and semi pro football. And focused on the ,motivational factors that separated the 2 groups. Think that over qualifies me to have my opinion on butcher. Good no doubting that. But unlikey to play higher than we are now. Fact. And in support the o/s state the management team are looking for a new goalie. I rest my case.

For someone obviously educated to  high 'degree' (excuse the pun) you come across on this one certainly as more than a tad pompous
How can you say unlikely to play at a higher standard then on the patronosing boast that because you are over qualified to have an opinion you then re-state that this opinion is fact!!!

You could turn out to be spot on in your assesement, but that doesn;t make it fact, it makes it no more than an opinion, however much you may, with your arrogance believe otherwise

I cant speak for others, but I dont think you're opinion is worth any more than anyone elses, and most certainly not worth any more than mine

I think Butcher is going to be class, and very likely to move upwards and onwards, and I base that opinion purely on the premise, that my brothers girlfriends next door neigbour once knew someone that had a cleaning job at Eton and who once knobbed the Dean, who inadvertently donated sperm on a regular basis which carrying a genius bloodline

My opinion is fact...what a pratt

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2009, 09:32:58 AM »
When everyone has finished tearing a shred off each other, I will go back to topic. I think Evans is a great signing, the management are really building a willing squad.
I am now away on holiday, ( sat on the ferry heading to frogland) but I will now definately be going to watch us at fc thingy, my excitement for the season ahead is like it's not been for a few years

dave parnell

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2009, 01:20:56 PM »
Well well well - for a topic about goalies Rich and Ginger you certainly know how to hijack it with your lovers tiffs. Put your handbags away and let the rest of us talk about football - afterall this is a football forum unless I'm mistaken.

Great to see an experienced goalie signed, having competition within a squad if definately healthy and might even up the standards of play. Very happy with the managers so far with who they've signed. Looking forward to seeing who else will be joining the mighty Pilgrims.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »
All coming together very nicely, just need a couple of midfielders and another striker and we are pretty much ready for whatever the Unidump can throw at us.

Off-topic slightly but the OS is remaining tight-lipped about chasing money from the Conference seeing as it was splashed across the back page of the NLP this week.

cowfieldwalker

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2009, 09:50:39 PM »
No issues between me and rich. More than happy to buy a beer and laugh at the gooners with a fellow yid and pilgrim follower. End of matter.