Author Topic: Keeper  (Read 27118 times)

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Keeper
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 10:26:51 AM »
You would think if he is that good as a coach he would be far too busy to be posting on here.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »
Rich77. Just to clarify the basis of my opinions. i have a sports science degree. Shit load of coaching badges. Have worked with our league 2 side. And managed teams over the last 15 yrs. My disertation focused on bridging the gap between pro and semi pro football. And focused on the ,motivational factors that separated the 2 groups. Think that over qualifies me to have my opinion on butcher. Good no doubting that. But unlikey to play higher than we are now. Fact. And in support the o/s state the management team are looking for a new goalie. I rest my case.

Are you seriously suggesting that because you have a 'shit load of coaching badges' your opinion is somehow more valid than anyone else's?  :D

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. That's what message boards are for. But don't try and claim that you are right just because you've done a dissertation.

And don't spin the managers' words. They said on the o/s that they're looking for a new goalie as competition for Butcher, giving us two keepers, which surely most clubs would have? At least that's my opinion but then, I don't have a sports science degree.  ;)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »
Players can improve tons anyway, look at Diego Forlan!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »
Players can improve tons anyway, look at Diego Forlan!

In his case he was never a bad player, just badly played. Fergie is a fantastic manager, probably the best the world has seen but he still makes bum decisions, lots of them. He plays a certain way and some players just will not fit in, Forlan being one.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Rich 77

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2009, 11:15:18 AM »
You see that is Fergies downfall, he never did a sports science degree, where he could of put in to practise pure maths, bio-mechanics, anatomy and kinesiology, pharmaceuticals and obviously the all important magnus force theory!!!! I hope he doesnt read this thread or he will be slapping that Scottish forehead of his and thinking "thats where it all went wrong!, how could I of not done a sports science degree!" and then go and tell Rooney he is a piece of sh*t beause he missed an open goal in a friendly of course. I dont know how Fergie ever made it so far.?  ;D ;D

cowfieldwalker

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 11:48:07 AM »
Something we agree on rich. Yid army!

Rich 77

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 12:27:29 PM »
Dont tell me I met you at a funeral! lol

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2009, 12:42:51 PM »
Back on subject personally think Aaron is a quality keeper who was outstanding towards the end of last season and has the potential to go higher. I know that there where a lot of clubs chasing his signature higher up the ladder so we are lucky to have him, but that won't stop people critisizing on here.  ::)

cowfieldwalker

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2009, 12:59:14 PM »
A sad day. Your degree serves you well rich. Lol. Went to boro last night. Very one sided.

Rich 77

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »
Indeed, some good goals from us though! So why you bein such a d*ck to Butcher then pmsl!

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2009, 02:19:53 PM »
its all the gingers fault....

what an absolute arsehole..

Rich 77

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »
Harsh.....but on this occasion fair! However a thourghly decent chap when I met him.....come on Ginge....sort yourself out son!

cowfieldwalker

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 03:52:15 PM »
Cant pm at mo. Only on my phone. Will do when online at home again. Hope butcher proves me wrong. With some decent defenders in front he wont concede too many.

Rich 77

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2009, 04:04:13 PM »
I think Chelsea, who started this thread, has got off lightly! Can we start a witch hunt on him now????????? ;) ;) ;) ;)   

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »
Oh, you didn't fail your motivation module? I guess you have no excuse for your stupidity then? If you are a coach or have been, you really should know better. Maybe it's just more on a personal level that you feel the need to publicly slate a young lad that saved us on more than one occasion last year? Im just glad that nobody else has jumped on your band wagon. There really is no justification to your argument, thats all Im saying. The lad is young, and so needs to improve on his kicking....well guess he has plenty of years to do that, and hopefully will improve on it, whether it be with Boston or when he furthers his career, which Im sure he will. I guess your a stick man as opposed to a carrot man, that way never really motivated me to do anythhing, but worked for Evans, so maybe each to there own.

If only more Boston fans put more energy into supporting their team rather than slating other fans for having an opinion, the players themselves might feel a tad more confidence that the fans believe in them.