Author Topic: Keeper  (Read 27123 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
Keeper
« on: July 16, 2009, 09:48:58 AM »
Can we afford to stick with Butcher

bufc4life

• View Profile
Re: Keeper
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 03:08:34 PM »
No too many mistakes, thats what cost us last year!! kicking was poor, only young so can improve if he works hard in training!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:12:08 PM »
I think he wasnt to bad last year, yes he made a few mistakes and is kicking aint that good but i think for shot stopping and reflex saves i think in this league there aint to many better

cowfieldwalker

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 04:11:20 PM »
depends what the management teams goals are. stay in this league then he is good enough.  to win it,  then im afraid not.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 05:32:24 PM »
depends what the management teams goals are. stay in this league then he is good enough.  to win it,  then im afraid not.

He saved us more times in games than he cost us, and that is all a keeper can do. Give the kid a chance, one bad mistake in a friendly and he has gone from a dead cert to the reason we won't win the league.

Get the mistakes over now and let him show his stuff in the competitive games.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

cowfieldwalker

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 09:00:20 PM »
i stand by it lord.  butcher only average for this division.

Rich 77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 07:25:03 AM »
Cant believe what Im reading here???? End of last season everyone was screaming to keep hold of Butcher,  now, after one pre-season friendly he aint good enough!!!!!!! Butcher is the best keeper that we have had for a while!!!!

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 08:02:46 AM »
 basically he is a goalkeeper and all goalkeepers good and bad make mistakes during games.he is still young and will get better but he must work on his kicking thats for sure.

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »
I Don't feel as if we should get rid of the kid, he is a great prospect for the future but i think he needs an experienced goalkeeper to help him.

Bartmac

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
All keepers make glaring mistakes, you only have to watch any of the "Sports Bloopers" programmes that appear on TV now and again, give the lad a chance, he looked good to me last season.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 07:13:16 PM »
dont get rid off him hes a top keeper,  kicking has never been his thing but 1 mistake in a friendly should not meen anything

cowfieldwalker

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 07:18:41 PM »
Ok. Too keep the peace he can stay. There again im not in charge and they may have other plans. Watch this space.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 07:53:48 PM »
I am sure most of us can recall our favorite goalie Bazza making big bloomers even when he had many more years experience than Butcher.

Rich 77

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 11:44:11 AM »
Good job your not in charge I say! Think you would need a crash course in motivation tactics! Pathetic.

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 11:59:22 AM »
Busy grafting so haven't been on a good few days, and I cant believe I am reading this.

Every supporter at the end of last year, was united in the fact that given an ideal world we all wanted four players to stay, Milly, Miller, Ellie and Butcher, and after one sliced kick,we are now questioning the attributes of who I feel is our obvious custodian

Jesus, this is fickelty gone mad. Apart from one game last year (Ashton away I think) when Butcher dropped a couple of real clangers, he was brilliant, truly exceptional, and now people are queueing up to have a dig at the boy, ffs why?

If you are going to cock up, then surely the time to do it is in such matches. If anyone ever wanted to crucify the boys confidence,and heap a whole dollop of un-needed pressure on him, then keep coming up with drivel like this

Forget this prospect nonsense, he should be our number one, based solely on his performances last year regardless of his tender age, and of all the players I know, (and many new ones I dont) Butcher is one that mark my words we will struggle to keep hold of

I know we had the right to slag off many who wore the shirt last year, but Butcher, even allowing for the fact that his kicking is not good, that point is unarguable, is not one of them. Were it not for him and a few others we wouldn't even be in this division

So very, very unfair