Author Topic: New Striker  (Read 16561 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: New Striker
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 12:39:59 PM »
Like Porl99 am disappointed that Beck has been released as I think he had a lot of potential. He seemed to lack confidence and if he could of got that all important first goal I believe things would of turned out different. Wish him luck (and the others released) wherever they may end up.

Another decision I haven't agreed with the managers on, the others being letting too many of last seasons squad go, although their hands where probably tied on this due to the money the players where earning last season, and keeping Kirk despite him not showing for any friendlies or the community day. Despite this am still 100% behind them as apart from what has been mentioned on the whole they have made good decisions and from what I hear the training methods are certainly different to the last couple of seasons. I think we'll see a far fitter squad this season.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »
What is the situation with the youths this year, will there be another crop waiting in the wings for any chances like Griffiths, Jackson etc had last year.

The youth set up hs clearly done ok if it has moved players up the tree as we did last year with Griffiths and Woods moving up a division.

Did Michael Wood end up signing for Harrogate then? I know someone on here said so but have yet to see anything official anywhere. Ditto Frogatt going to Ilkeston.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »
What is the situation with the youths this year, will there be another crop waiting in the wings for any chances like Griffiths, Jackson etc had last year.

The youth set up hs clearly done ok if it has moved players up the tree as we did last year with Griffiths and Woods moving up a division.

Did Michael Wood end up signing for Harrogate then? I know someone on here said so but have yet to see anything official anywhere. Ditto Frogatt going to Ilkeston.

Michael was training with Weston Super-Mare last week and this week he is at Harogate Town.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »
Cheers for the info Tash.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 08:41:58 PM »
Seems a good signing, scored regularly last season, tall, and strong, in facteverything we missed in a striker last season!
All for giving youth a chance, but lets be realistic last season no one stood out milson was the best of a poor bunch of players.
The management are clearly their own men, and they will no doubt stand accountable fir results good and bad.
For me they have done nothing wrong so far, in fact I applaud them for not giving last season players a chance,

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 09:28:59 PM »

Is it just me or does Mikel look like a young Arnie...hope he'll be saying hasta la vista to the Unibond defenders  :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 09:32:16 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 10:54:11 AM »
Looks like we pipped Nuneaton for him:
By MATT DAVIES
NUNEATON Town have missed out on the signing of Spanish striker Mikel Suarez after he turned down a move to Liberty Way.

Boro boss Kevin Wilkin offered terms to the target man following an impressive trial spell, but he has chosen to sign for UniBond League side Boston United.

Wilkin said: "I’m disappointed. I wanted to bring him to the club and made him what I thought was a decent offer, it was a good offer.

"He will be in a school of four that will travel to Boston and he would have been travelling on his own to us three times a week. That counted against us.

"I told him at an early stage we wanted him to stay at the club and we did our best to keep him. Boston are a big side with a decent budget.

"They’ve got money to pay out so I’m sure that is what they will do."

Wilkin had hoped Suarez would feature in Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat to AFC Telford United. Lee Moore gave Nuneaton a 68th minute lead before Telford hit back.

Despite the defeat, the Boro boss was pleased with what he saw from his side.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »
Hope we have his (Suarez) full uncontested registration .
  Could be mone y in the bank in the future as he's still young..
      wats his nickname to be ?
        Super Su..?

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 01:42:05 PM »
Don't know about a nickname but what about a chant ?........................
Oo.......Arrr.......Su.......ar........ez,
Done with a nice LincolnBostonshire accent !  ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 01:49:29 PM »
He's all but 6 foot 7 ya know, Suarez, Suarez
He likes to score with his head, Suarez, Suarez
He went to Loughborough Uni
He's got a marketing degree
Mikel Suarez, Boston's number 10...

To the Torres song tune...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 01:57:25 PM »
He's all but 6 foot 7 ya know, Suarez, Suarez
He likes to score with his head, Suarez, Suarez
He went to Loughborough Uni
He's got a marketing degree
Mikel Suarez, Boston's number 10...

To the Torres song tune...

i like it , get it going if he bangs a few in come start of the seaon  8) ;) ;D

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 02:10:36 PM »
What about:
SU-AR-EZ my lord, SU-AR-EZ, oh lord SU-AR-EZ.
(To the tune of kum bah ya)

:-\
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 07:44:04 PM »
 nickname must be betty after the character betty suarez in ugly betty