Author Topic: managers contracts  (Read 8155 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: managers contracts
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
Lets not forget that H&S arent exactly in a rush to move, they have their entire management career ahead of them, and they are already at a big non-league club, at the moment it would take a top 4 BSP side or a League 2 side to tempt them away. And even then its doubtful that a side like that would want to take the risk on 2 young managers unproven at that level.

So I think they are here to stay for the foreseeable future...

As long as Ronnie Moore keeps doing a good job, we'll be reet.  I think they would be fools to go elsewhere just yet.  You would assume that extra income if they get us up again would give them full time management with us and back to back promotions would give them a lot of time to learn their trade in times of trouble if we don't do so well.

And like someone says above, it's big named ex prem players or the old guard that manage League 2 teams.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

John C

• View Profile
Re: managers contracts
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 12:17:11 AM »
Aye when I talk of S & H of leaving next summer, its Rotherham I'm thinking of them going to. My brother-in-law (who barely misses a Millers game, home or away) reckons if they don't go up this season, then Ronnie Moore will go. I imagine (and he tells me) our two would popular choices as successors. So, as Chris B says, we should all be adopting Rotherham as our second team...