Author Topic: managers contracts  (Read 8154 times)

Old yellow

• View Profile
managers contracts
« on: September 12, 2010, 07:24:52 AM »
Are we still in discussions with the managers over a new contract?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: managers contracts
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 08:57:37 AM »
That is more important than anything else OY. The Chairman must do everything he can to keep S&H at the club, not that i think they would be looking to jump ship anyway.
Just like to say how much i enjoyed the game yesterday, what a cracking game!!!
One more thing, yesterday i bought some chips and curry from the Spain Road grubstop. May i say if anyone has not tried this wonderful dish, you've missed a treat. No more burgers for me, chips and curry for me from now on!!  :P

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:00:56 AM »
Lonegunman I think Plastic Yonk would disagree about the chips/curry!

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 11:35:27 AM »
Like i've said, no more greasy burgers, pies with very little inside, warm plastic sausage rolls, it's chips and curry all the fooking way for me from now on!!!  ;D

I've paid £25 for a meal that was nowhere near as tasty as the chips and curry i had yesterday. Next time i'm going to ask where they get the curry from!

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

gizmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 08:01:38 PM »
They make it their own curry

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 08:53:43 PM »
How did we get from S&H to chips & curry. We should use chips&curry when referring to Scotty&Hurst to deflect attention away from their growing reputation, people will think we are all crackers when reading " chips&curry best thing to happen at York street in years"  ;D ;D ;D

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 09:34:15 PM »
On the serious subject of the the managers contracts, theres not alot the club can do if the managers are attracting attention from clubs from a similar or higher division. Like most of our young players who all express a desire to work and play at the highest level possible the managers must feel the same. We all have a hidden selfishness by wanting them to stay, but what right have we got to stand in their way to better themselves in a higher division. Say Gainsborough sack their manager, then offer our managers a bigger budget to work with and a higher salary ( lets face it we all work for one reason only. to earn the money to pay the bills) why should we stand in their way. Same for any player whos got a chance to earn more for doing the same job ie, 90 mins of football twice a week. Football has no loyalty, clubs cannot have it both ways. One year contracts  that includes not paying the players through the summer. lets enjoy the moment because it will too soon be gone.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 09:45:34 PM »
I don't think S & H will break their contracts but I wouldn't be surprised if they left for a bigger club next summer. And since they would leave us in a better position they they found us, I wouldn't complain either.
But some of us are lucky enough to be able to choose a job not just for the money but also how much we enjoy it and so S & H may want to stay a while longer because they like working for Newton and Kempster.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 09:56:46 PM »
 Well my 88 yo ma is partial to a bit of haddock and curry sauce  .

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 09:21:35 AM »
On the serious subject of the the managers contracts, theres not alot the club can do if the managers are attracting attention from clubs from a similar or higher division. Like most of our young players who all express a desire to work and play at the highest level possible the managers must feel the same. We all have a hidden selfishness by wanting them to stay, but what right have we got to stand in their way to better themselves in a higher division. Say Gainsborough sack their manager, then offer our managers a bigger budget to work with and a higher salary ( lets face it we all work for one reason only. to earn the money to pay the bills) why should we stand in their way. Same for any player whos got a chance to earn more for doing the same job ie, 90 mins of football twice a week. Football has no loyalty, clubs cannot have it both ways. One year contracts  that includes not paying the players through the summer. lets enjoy the moment because it will too soon be gone.

Agree in general, but for them to go to Team Tinpot would be the mother of all self-contradictions, seeing as they're so keen to tell us how the players' motive for being here is not money but a desire to play for a big club. I think these two will stick with us unless they get an offer for a League job - partly because I think they'll get us into the Conference National pretty quickly anyway.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »
Got to love the mind games going on with Hurst in the interview after the Workington game "is there any point in going as everyone has got them to win already" referring to Alfreton, loving it

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 10:05:19 AM »
I thought the two post match video interviews with Paul Hurst and Jamie Yates were excellent.As fans we all have views on certain players,and we are all entitled to our opinions,but it is clear in both interviews how important the role of Danny Davidson is to both the managers and the players.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 11:59:18 AM »
Big D was woeful at Corby, but awesome on Saturday. There's never an in between with him!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 02:25:43 PM »
Lest hope the awesome one turns up on saturday

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »
Lets not forget that H&S arent exactly in a rush to move, they have their entire management career ahead of them, and they are already at a big non-league club, at the moment it would take a top 4 BSP side or a League 2 side to tempt them away. And even then its doubtful that a side like that would want to take the risk on 2 young managers unproven at that level.

So I think they are here to stay for the foreseeable future...