Author Topic: Today vs Workington  (Read 7327 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today vs Workington
« on: September 11, 2010, 04:04:26 PM »
Here's a pic:

Pride of Lincolnshire

Re: Today vs Workington
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:49:43 PM »
That has to be the best performance this season at home I've seen. Workington were simply outplayed and outclassed. I simply cannot fault any player today, they all gave 110% at least and that reflected in the result. 4-0 actually was pretty kind to them as we had several near misses and on another day it could of finished 7-0.
Danny Davidson was outstanding today in his holding play, even dribbling and shooting with a flare I've never seen before. Spencer made his usual excellent bursting runs and caused their defenders all sorts of problems. Shaun Person has a hell of a header on him and went very close to scoring but had his goal bound header cleared by a defender.
Todays result is even more significant given that Workington hadn't lost a game until today. We brushed anything they threw at us aside and showed them how to play football.
Quality today from each and every player, well done lads. A thoroughly entertaining game today. This is was definately a bench mark showing how much the team was developed since last season. Respect to both gaffers, you can clearly see all the hard work paying off.
With this form I can't help but fancy us to upset Alfretons good run also.
Onwards and upwards we go.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 06:01:01 PM »
Some of the football we played,particularly second half was fantastic.Great performance after a fairly even opening to the game.No weak performances anywhere.Workington are a decent side,and not many will turn them over like that this season.Well played lads.

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »
Haven't had chance to look at Workington's previous results and the teams that they haven't lost against, but I can see why we have a goal difference 15 better than theirs already. We were outstanding today, particularly in the second half, and Workington didn't seem to have a clue how to attack or defend.

I can only assume they play better at home and have been lucky on their travels.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 06:18:34 PM »
Some of the football we played,particularly second half was fantastic.Great performance after a fairly even opening to the game.No weak performances anywhere.Workington are a decent side,and not many will turn them over like that this season.Well played lads.

Have to agree with workington looking a decent team and like you there will not be many who turn them over like that, I said after 30 min that the game looked to have nil nil all over it then somehow somethink awsome happened and at times we was playing football not often seen in the league above let alone how league.

well done lads.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »
This was the first time I've seen them play this season and I'm well impressed  ;D
Sleath and Davidson were like different players to last season, and I was just starting to think that SWD was giving the ball away too much, and then he scored two goals, superb!
If they carry that form on then we should do OK ...

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 08:32:58 PM »
Here's a few pics from the first half. There should be a few from the second half after I get back to Leeds.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 09:07:12 PM »
Well I bought the neighbors boy to his 1st ever game today, he wants to know when the next one is now!

Mind you it helps when he was given chips, pop and a Mars Bar during the game!

Really 1st class stuff today, as has been said Workington are no mugs and are well equipped for this level but we dismantled them. Pretty much 10/10 all round.   

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 11:54:14 PM »
And the second half pics:

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 12:22:43 PM »

Cracking pictures Ken, Cracking game,  Brilliant result, Thanks to all.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
I would just like to say a big "well done" to the lads for the performance yesterday.

I would not have predicted such a large winning margin, indeed I went for 0 -0 in the prediction game!!!!

I thought that we created plenty of chances to have scored even more, and at the same time restricted them to only a couple of chances.

Bring on Alfreton!!!!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 08:19:07 PM »
Not much to add really. Agree with most on here that Workington where a good side and won't be beaten so convincingly by many in this league. Congrats to everyone at the club for yet another superb performance and result. This really is a great time to be a Pilgrims supporter.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »
Not going to disagree with anything written here. A superb performance by the lads culminating in a result which must have sent shockwaves through the league, many thanks for a brilliant afternoon!! 

Also thanks to Workington for playing their part. In my opinion they are the first team this season to visit York Street with the intention of giving us a game of footbal rather than merely packing the defence and hoping for the draw.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 09:08:43 PM »
Not going to disagree with anything written here. A superb performance by the lads culminating in a result which must have sent shockwaves through the league, many thanks for a brilliant afternoon!! 

Also thanks to Workington for playing their part. In my opinion they are the first team this season to visit York Street with the intention of giving us a game of footbal rather than merely packing the defence and hoping for the draw.

I noticed that, workington was the only team i seen so far that have come and treid to play football, they didnt look that bad at that strange game called footy in truth

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 09:34:40 PM »
Whilst Workington were alrite can't see them making the play-offs come April/May Eastwood and Nuneaton are better on yesterdays performance taking nothing away from our lot who were top draw yesterday.