Author Topic: Woodhall Spa Cricket Club O/T  (Read 8127 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Woodhall Spa Cricket Club O/T
« on: September 08, 2010, 09:34:20 PM »
How can they afford to pay a Pakistani international to play for them?I know there are few rich people in Woodhall Spa!!!Shame he was out for a duck in yesterdays game against England!!

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
Re: Woodhall Spa Cricket Club O/T
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:37:00 AM »
How can they afford to pay a Pakistani international to play for them?I know there are few rich people in Woodhall Spa!!!Shame he was out for a duck in yesterdays game against England!!

They have had a history of finding money. Not sure how.

Lashings were there a few weeks ago, too. That cost £22,000 for the day.

silverback

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 06:56:43 PM »
Maybe with that sort of money we're in the wrong sport, 24k for about 5 hours work for 11 ex international cricketers to turn up, that sounds great business sense! Think you may need to check your sums yank?! Having gone to the lashings game this august I must say what an awesome event, tell me where else you can go in lincs and see ex internationals play for a few quid? Well done wscc, looking forward to your third lashings event soon!!!!
Somebody did say that wscc have been bowling a lot of no balls recently?

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »
Maybe with that sort of money we're in the wrong sport, 24k for about 5 hours work for 11 ex international cricketers to turn up, that sounds great business sense! Think you may need to check your sums yank?! Having gone to the lashings game this august I must say what an awesome event, tell me where else you can go in lincs and see ex internationals play for a few quid? Well done wscc, looking forward to your third lashings event soon!!!!
Somebody did say that wscc have been bowling a lot of no balls recently?

Climb back in your pram, buddy. I wasn't having a go. I think it was great.

And for the record, those figures came from the guy who organised it. He was speaking to the umpire during a game versus Graves Park, John.. something. The short, round umpire with the beard.

No need to check my sums, my friend. I'm repeating what I heard from the horses mouth.

As far as I am concerned, I hope they do it every year. Well done to them.

Just relax.

We're all friends here.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 08:52:07 PM »
Plastic Yank will you be at the game on Saturday?Just wondered if our mate with the green hat sponsors Woodhall!!! ;)

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 09:05:36 PM »
Plastic Yank will you be at the game on Saturday?Just wondered if our mate with the green hat sponsors Woodhall!!! ;)

I might amble down. We shall see.

silverback

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 05:26:18 PM »
I'm now securely seated In my pram with dummy in mouth thanks yank. You really do need to be careful who you eves drop on before you go spouting about local sports clubs finances! Do you really think wscc could afford to pay 24k for a one off 5 hour event, hmmmmmm???? A few quid to get in and watch, 750 approx crowd and roughly 200 corporate's at 50 quid a head, plus a few other bits and bobs, doesn't really make sense chap? I'll think you'll find the club have publicly said what a great success the event was and they made a healthly profit to boot! On the subject of this Pakistani international playing for them he has cost £350 per game and played 7/8 games (and has been very successful) which anyone with an interest in cricket in the county would be able to tell you. Credit to wscc for making such a signing! You telling me kingofknaves you wouldn't want bufc to sign a current international footballer and pay a very reasonable/affordable price for him???? I'm sure you'll enjoy each others company on Saturday during the game and yank don't sit to close to that horse's mouth!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 05:51:48 PM »
To be honest there is only bloke who would be able to sign a current international footballer and SAY hes paying an affordable wage in non league football!!!
Silverback is there any other international cricketers playing village cricket in the area?
Is that the same Committee member who was once a reserve manager at BUFC?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 05:57:55 PM by kingofnaves »

Bostons Arab Buyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »
Silverback is there any other international cricketers playing village cricket in the area?

He's not an international player but Andy Carter sometimes plays for Nettleham when he isn't playing for Notts (or Essex where he is at the minute).
Woodhall were apparently trying to sign another Pakistani player, Imran Farhat.
I say well done to Woodhall for getting these players at the club. Only helps for the standard of cricket in Lincolnshire.

silverback

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 07:31:36 PM »
Here here Bostons Arab owner, it all adds to raising the profile/standard of cricket in Lincolnshire! Although kingof I would hardly call the ecb lincs premier league 'village cricket', that term would be more appropriate to yanks Kirton based team!
I'm pleased to see England won today and also good to see somebody playing for a team in turmoil, 'stand up and be counted', 39 and pouched the 'home boy'!

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 08:11:21 PM »
1) I wasn't eavesdropping. I was told direct.
2) This is boring.
3) Goodnight.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 09:45:36 PM »
Good luck to Woodhall but I would sooner see the money used for the youngsters.I often visit Boston Cricket club in midweek and must say they have a good youth policy.Lets hope the foreign players in village cricket dont stop the developement of the English youngsters.

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 10:38:21 AM »
Good luck to Woodhall but I would sooner see the money used for the youngsters.I often visit Boston Cricket club in midweek and must say they have a good youth policy.Lets hope the foreign players in village cricket dont stop the developement of the English youngsters.

That, I believe, is what they call "owned".

KON just "owned" gorillaface, or whatever her name is.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 04:44:08 PM »

couldnt agree more.  I diagree with paying players at cricket.  if the pro wants to come, pay him to coach and develop talent, not to play